PDA

View Full Version : are hybrids really worth it?

redracing88
02-01-2006, 07:19 PM
i got a 400ex that i would like to do something to to make it crazy powerful would it be worth it if i put a yzf426 engine in it?? or is there a beter solution????? let me know plzzz

becci4
02-01-2006, 07:21 PM
it depends on what type of riding you want to do with it and how deep your pockets are cause they can be a bit of $$$$

partyboy300ex
02-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Well I dont know if there worth it or not but im builing one right now. When the motor I have was in the bike it was crazy fast.

becci4
02-01-2006, 07:33 PM
ya to me the are worth it I mean do you plan on racing this thing often or is it gonna be eye candy?

redracing88
02-01-2006, 08:15 PM
oh i race xc alot!!!!!!!!! like every week almost

8my_Cash
02-01-2006, 08:28 PM
i seriously think they are because this is what im gonna do in the future....the only reason is because i dont like the feel of the new 450s at all and i like how a 400ex sits...so i figured slap a 450 in the frame and i have the best of both words....

i believe its personal opinion really

dangle
02-01-2006, 08:36 PM
I love my crf... even with the motor laying on my garage table...

Mike

redrider311
02-01-2006, 09:17 PM
:p to put the myths to rest.. the cost of a full out MX ready hybrid is almost always cheaper than a bone stock YFZ or 450R .. secondly you get the pride of building a custom machine and fabricating your own parts and building a quad from the groud up.. third, as far as competivness any 426 or 450 hybrid with a racing chassis will be just as competitive as any 450 out there.. of course depending on the rider.. but i love my hybrid and i am very proud of what i built.. so IMO a hybrid is worth every penny and drop of sweat you put into it:)

hondardr4life
02-02-2006, 04:39 AM
It depends on how deep your pockets are. I was going to buy a CRF hybrid, but I know a guy who had one, and he was rebuilding the motor every 10 hours. Also, if a waterpump cover or something like that goes bad, your out of luck, because a lot of those parts are custom, and very hard to find. Now, you've gotta remember that he had a Lagear CRF chassis, so everything on it was custom. You would definetly be better off with doing it to your 400, because parts are more readily available. About it keeping up, don't worry, no matter what quad you go with 450r, 250r, hybrid of some sort, they are all going to be just as competitive as the next one. It all depends on the rider.

02-02-2006, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
It depends on how deep your pockets are. I was going to buy a CRF hybrid, but I know a guy who had one, and he was rebuilding the motor every 10 hours. Also, if a waterpump cover or something like that goes bad, your out of luck, because a lot of those parts are custom, and very hard to find. Now, you've gotta remember that he had a Lagear CRF chassis, so everything on it was custom. You would definetly be better off with doing it to your 400, because parts are more readily available. About it keeping up, don't worry, no matter what quad you go with 450r, 250r, hybrid of some sort, they are all going to be just as competitive as the next one. It all depends on the rider.

Now how many water pump covers have you seen go bad???