PDA

View Full Version : dunes

QuadJunkies
07-11-2002, 11:58 PM
Yes,sand is sooo forgiving,and so much fun,I ised to ride on hardpack all the time, now I find myself driving a lot further just to ride in sand.You have to try it sometime.You will be hooked :)

400EXManiac
07-15-2002, 05:55 PM
I had a friend who wanted nothing to do with the sand until earlier this year.

Both of us had Honda Ranchers, and I was constantly over at the dunes here in Oregon. However, no matter how hard I tried to convince him that the sand was so much fun, my friend always wanted to ride the trails. Eventually I got him to go to the dunes several times, and now he's hooked.

We both bought 400EX's a month ago, and now he's always on the sand!

QuadJunkies
07-15-2002, 11:56 PM
We are heading over to Oregon next year,which is better ...Winchester Bay or Florence??Ive rode at Florence on sand buggies,but not on a Quad..It was at one of those rental places..

400EXManiac
07-16-2002, 12:11 AM
Both places are great to ride. However, Florence has beach access, while Winchester does not. Winchester is also smaller than Florence, but there are less people on most weekends.

Florence has a lot of open areas, as well as more trails throughout the dunes, where Winchester has very few trails.

If you're here long enough, I'd suggest heading down to Winchester after you're done in Florence, as it's only 30 minutes away.

Email me when you're here, and I'll head over with you if you'd like.

P.S. The thing I like most about Winchester is the steep dunes and trails next to the trees (you'll find lots of those). Keeps your adrenaline flowing!

QuadJunkies
07-16-2002, 12:17 AM
Your on! :) Iknow what you mean about steep hills,we like that too,have you ever been to St.Anthonys?Now THOSE are some BIG dunes,were going up again in Aug.Ill look you up when we come up...:)

400EXManiac
07-16-2002, 12:24 AM
No, I've never been there. In fact, I've only ridden in Oregon. However, I think it's time to try something new.

I'll have to find some pictures of St. Anthonys just to see how big those dunes are. :D

QuadJunkies
07-16-2002, 12:28 AM
heres a few of my own,and there is tons for then I found when I was on Yahoo.Your missing out if you like to climb :) http://www.imagestation.com/album/?=4291669903

QuadJunkies
07-16-2002, 12:31 AM
oops try again http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291669903