PDA

View Full Version : Jetting troble, possible ignition???

airheadedduner
07-11-2002, 11:53 PM
This is gonna be long.....
Okay I am getting real fed up with jetting my R. I am currently running a CT 295 ket, milled head, LRD pipe, reeds, and a K&N filter housed in a swiss cheesed air box. I am running a 155 main, needle on 3rd clip, 40 pilot. It still missis a little about 2/3-3/4 through the rev range. What the heck is goin on????? I got jetting specs from LRD and CT and I am running wayyyyyyyy lean. I just spent several days and like $70 bucks in jets tryin to figure it out but it always comes down to the same specs. It idles fine but stumbles off the botttom and after running for a while at speed clears up. All my buddies with R's also run LRD pipes, 3 of the 250's all run 160 mains and like a 45-50 pilot, I am not sure where the 310 is but he runs a airstryker anyway. I can't figure it out. I think I must have an ignition problem, anyone got any Ideas??? I checked all my conections and they are all good and all the grounds are fine. I have been told that big bore engines run leaner specs but CT and LRD both told me that it is not true. I am stumped at what it could be. Maybe I just need to cough up the cash for the airstryker.:(

airheadedduner
07-12-2002, 11:57 AM
Someones got to know somethin

Teufel
07-12-2002, 02:49 PM
what size carb are you running Bro. For the motor that you are running a stock 35mm bore won't cut it. Doesn't matter what size jets you put in it if the bore won't carry it then youre lean. The stock electrical system is very strong and unless abused I would say it is at the bottom of the list. Has the port timing been changed; if so how was it changed and how drastic.
Tell me about your carb and cylinder/piston mods.

airheadedduner
07-12-2002, 06:36 PM
Carb is stock Kehin PJ 34mm, cylinder is 295 resleave with stock porting, head milled and rechambered down to 24.5 cc which I believe is 11-1 or 10-1 compression, piston is boast ported. I was told I can still run my stock carb but could gain a lot from an airstyrker. LRD told me I am sufficating my motor with a stock carb. The specs they gave me though where for a stock 34mm carb. I am not running reed spacers.

Teufel
07-14-2002, 12:02 AM
If you didn't want to go to the expense of the air stryker have the carb bore reamed to 36mm. Have a shop that is familiar with the task. If I remember right the going rate is $50......What reed cage are you running. I recommend the boysen rad for the cr.
I agree with the guys at LRD the stock carb is starving the motor

airheadedduner
07-14-2002, 11:30 PM
I found the problem, actully my dad stumbled on it by accident. He was getting ready to load up my bike for a ride and checked to see if it would run. No sprark. I worked on it franticly for an hour but found nothin. I had to go to work so he tested stuff and then took my coil and CDI off and took them to a friends. They put them on that R and it ran fine. He put it back on my bike and it fired right up. I had to go from the 40 pilot to a 50 and I think that still may be lean so I obviosly had a connector on wrong or somethin. I also found a local shop (DTR racing) that sells PWK 39mm for $190 and the 38mm airstryker for $175 so i'm gonna go ahead and forgo beadlock front wheels and get the airstryker. Thanks for your help Teuful.