PDA

View Full Version : Talking about cutting it close!

FourFiftyFour
02-01-2006, 05:17 PM
My quad is still not ready. The GNC at Oak Hill is Feb 11-12... my motor wont be here until next week. Some stuff might be arriving late this week, and then some next week.

At the most I might get two days to practice here before leaving for the national... then one day of practice there the day before the race.

On Feb 11 it will be 5 months from my wreck. So that means I really havent ridden at all for 5 months (except two times on a borrowed quad which didnt accomplish)

Am I out of my mind? :ermm:

Rip_Tear
02-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
Am I out of my mind? :ermm:

I'd say so, you haven't had any luck with the CDale :(

FourFiftyFour
02-01-2006, 05:30 PM
#1-- I didnt have a problem with the cannondale, it didnt fail or anything. I would probably be in the exact same situation no matter what quad I have. In fact, my motor was running when it shouldnt have been! I just was sponsored and needed a total rebuild, my quad was a worn out 02 model and needed everything replaced. Especially after a 50 mph 4th gear wreck.

Just the whole quad rebuild is taking weeks longer than it should have been. Stuff still hasnt been shipped and its not looking good.

Look for me in the back of the pack in my class :ermm:

QuadR8cer12
02-01-2006, 05:30 PM
thats nothin!

my engine wasnt here till yesturday. turns out my engine cases were bustede because it was thrown around so much during delivery.

I had the engine cases welded and had the quad all together last night. Went to test ride it and it wouldnt shift. The place that was damaged on the cases was right where my shift lever comes out so it bent the shift rod.

so now my quad is on its way up to glen helen with no tranny.

Nmotion is going to try and fix it when we get there and if that doesnt work they are putting a different engine in it for me.... now THAT is cutting it close

FourFiftyFour
02-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
thats nothin!

my engine wasnt here till yesturday. turns out my engine cases were bustede because it was thrown around so much during delivery.

I had the engine cases welded and had the quad all together last night. Went to test ride it and it wouldnt shift. The place that was damaged on the cases was right where my shift lever comes out so it bent the shift rod.

Nmotion is going to try and fix it when we get there and if that doesnt work they are putting a different engine in it for me.... now THAT is cutting it close

yeah but i havent ridden in 5 MONTHS lol........ thats the killer right there. Hope to hang out with you some Austin...if my quad gets put back together in time I should be there......keep your fingers crossed bc it doesnt look good at all for me

Quad Boy 660r
02-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Wow, doesnt look like either of you are going to get much practice!

And what about break in time?

FourFiftyFour
02-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Quad Boy 660r
Wow, doesnt look like either of you are going to get much practice!

And what about break in time?

the motor was installed into another cannondale and broken in and ran on the dyno for a while... shes ready to rip. My dyno results were posted in the dyno testing section.

yeah i really dont except much out of myself with little to no practice. Ill be lucky to finish the race. Was shooting for a top 10, but now I dont know what to think :ermm:

jwick07
02-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Just be safe dear and dont over ride it out of your abilities, I'm not saying that your not talented but if you push it past your abilities at this race and wreck you could be set back again and kiss this whole season goodby. Just remember the season is longer than this first race. I'm sure that you are good enough to make up a few points that you will give up by finishing a little off your pace than trying to make up for several rounds if you get hurt.

FourFiftyFour
02-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
Just be safe dear and dont over ride it out of your abilities, I'm not saying that your not talented but if you push it past your abilities at this race and wreck you could be set back again and kiss this whole season goodby. Just remember the season is longer than this first race. I'm sure that you are good enough to make up a few points that you will give up by finishing a little off your pace than trying to make up for several rounds if you get hurt.

I wont be racing the whole national series. This might be the only one I get to race so thats why it sort of is a big deal. If I can find some people to carpool with I might try to go to a few others. Depends on what happens I guess

Mxjunkie
02-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
thats nothin!

Jesus you might have to steal scuba steves lol