PDA

View Full Version : Help!

bowlerzthree
02-01-2006, 04:16 PM
i changed the spark plug on my 400ex. brought it home but it still will not start it turns over and over...it fires once in a while but does not run, i shot a tiny bit of ether in the air box but it didnt get it running. im not sure what to do, it ran fine last night...help out if you can. thanks

Bighead1
02-01-2006, 04:22 PM
It seems by your sig that you've done some work and know alot about your 400. But did you leave the choke on (if you used it). Just a thought.

bowlerzthree
02-01-2006, 04:36 PM
i acually traded one of my snowmobiles for it. so i really dont know the history about the quad...i do know the work was done by a pro shop. but i just dont get it, it ran fine and now it **** the bed. kinda dissapoints me that all the sudden it did this. i didnt use the choke when i started it this morning. it rain fine for a good 2 minutes and then quit...i just need to get it going its frustrating me and considering it keeps on flooding more and more i dont know what to do...

Rip_Tear
02-01-2006, 05:20 PM
So it's flooding?

Maybe the float bowl is stuck open?
It's most likely a carb problem anyways if it's just flooding.

Did you try switching plugs, or drying that one and trying it again?

Maybe it's not getting air? Check the air filter and passage ways(snorkel).

whiteflash
02-01-2006, 06:35 PM
is your gas off?

bowlerzthree
02-01-2006, 07:49 PM
i took it apart. cleaned out the airbox, the airfilter, took off the carb and it seems to be working correctly i didnt take it apart but i pressed the throttle and it squirted gas, so i emptied it...i put it back together. then i drained the gas tank becuase the guy who had it before me said it sat for a while...put new gas in it, and now its setting in my garage on the battery charger...i cannot pull the plug becuase i dont have the tool and wont have one til monday when it comes in at the dealership. but it seemed like it wanted to start but the plug was still wet...so tomarrow morning im going to try it again...hopefully it will work out this time...

if anyone has any advise id would really appriciate it...

also it was shooting out flames about a foot long every couple of times i turned it over...does that mean anything?