View Full Version : A-arms---Shocks??? HELP

jal232
02-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Buying for an 06 yammi 450. I will be racing, and trail riding. I ride hard and do a bit of MX when i get the chance...What kind of A-arms and Shocks do you recomend. I was thinking about getting either laegar a-arms +2 std. travel, or +2+1 std. travel. whats the better of the two? do i need to go an inch foward..will it help or not?? Also just planned on Elka tripple rate, with compression adjust...Those will be good neough as far as shocks correct?? and also will i be able to make the ride height of the bike lower with these shocks and setup??? Thanks alot...any info is great...

02-01-2006, 02:03 PM
+1 forward not needed on a yfz.

Honda TRX250ex
02-01-2006, 02:21 PM
i would go with some +2 and elkas

predator dad
02-02-2006, 02:47 AM
I'm getting ready to get +2 JB a-arms with Elka long travel triple rates for my 06 YFZ. Price wise these seem to be the best for the buck.

jal232
02-02-2006, 05:57 AM
JB huh? who is the maker, or where can i check these arms out...Do you thin i woudl need long travel...i will be racing GNCC if anythign at all. so woudl long travel be needed...is there any benefits beseide the longer travel? thanks guys for the input

TBD
02-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by jal232
JB huh? who is the maker, or where can i check these arms out...Do you thin i woudl need long travel...i will be racing GNCC if anythign at all. so woudl long travel be needed...is there any benefits beseide the longer travel? thanks guys for the input
Are you going to do MX or XC? Earlier you mentionend MX and now you're mentioning XC (GNCC). If you're thinking of doing XC then you probablly do not want +2 a-arms. Also I would recomend 0 forward arms.
LT arms doesn't reflect longer wheel travel it is refering to longer shaft travel on the shock. The benifits to LT arms is that in most cases the motion ratio is lower and the shock shaft velocity is greater. By doing that it makes the shock easier to valve and spring. With the right shock and valving you can make a standard travel front end work just as well.

badvox
02-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by predator dad
I'm getting ready to get +2 JB a-arms with Elka long travel triple rates for my 06 YFZ. Price wise these seem to be the best for the buck.

You really owe it to yourself to checkout Rated X Arms with TCS Long Travel. That combo is unbeatable for the buck.

jal232
02-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Where can i locate the lt- arms and tcs long travel at...what site? what kind of dollar? And sorry i will be doing mostly GNCC ....a bit of motorcrosss while rec. riding so set up for GNCC.. And your saying i definately dont wnat plus 2 arms...what do the pros run? any reasons...thanks

TBD
02-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by jal232
Where can i locate the lt- arms and tcs long travel at...what site? what kind of dollar? And sorry i will be doing mostly GNCC ....a bit of motorcrosss while rec. riding so set up for GNCC.. And your saying i definately dont wnat plus 2 arms...what do the pros run? any reasons...thanks
For XC you have obstacles that that a wide quad would be difficult to manuver through. For MX I would run at least +2" arms. For XC +1" would be the max that I recomend. The Rated X arms are +2.2" and are a very reasonablly priced arm as well as the TCS shocks. It would be a package that I highlly recomend. You can check the Rated X parts out at www.ratedxmotorsports.com.