PDA

View Full Version : Please I NEED HELP ASAP

bowlerzthree
02-01-2006, 11:02 AM
i started my ex this morning it started and then it stoppped, well i just got it yesterday and i dont knwo how to get the SPARK PLUG OUT
im dying outside in the cold and i just can seem to find the right size socket....

please someone tell me how this prcess is done, i know its stupid but im having the hardest time with it

04TRX400EX
02-01-2006, 11:15 AM
If your quad came with the factory-supplied tool pouch that is in the little canister on the opposite side of the exhaust pipe, one of the tools in there is a spark plug wrench. It is gold in color and has a few holes drilled in it on one side. I am assuming you have located the spark plug on the front of the engine block. Take off the plug wire (of course) and insert the spark plug wrench over the plug (the hexagonal side that's tappered out goes down). Then take a long screwdriver or something like that and insert it through the holes in the socket. Turn counter-clockwise and the plug will loosen. It doesn't take much to get it out and don't overtighten when you put a new one in. If your bike didn't come with the tool kit, go to your local dealer and pick one up. It is the only thing to use.

Hope this helps!