PDA

View Full Version : Spark Arrestor for DG...

vpofthedrc
02-01-2006, 10:49 AM
I bought a DG steel RCM complete system for my 4 wheeler because I found it for dirt cheap. It isn't really what I wanted, but the price was right.

The unit does not have a spark arrestor, but I need one because of my riding places. I called DG and supertrapp was making the spark arrestors, but has stopped doing so.

I was wondering if anyone might have one of the old spark arrestors, or may know of a company that makes something that will fit it. Sparky doesn't make a spark arrestor that will fit with it.

Honda#4
02-01-2006, 10:57 AM
sorry but DG doesnt make s/a for the rcm or the oval exhausts if u got a xcellerator exhaust that comes with a s/a but i think thats it.its best not to get a DG but u said the price was right so i guess that dont matter.

vpofthedrc
02-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I got the complete deal for less than $80. Like I said, it wasn't really what I wanted, but it was cheap. lol

Honda#4
02-01-2006, 11:17 AM
maybe u should look into a HMF exhaust everybody swears by them but its up to u though i personally like the wb e series exhaust.

NCexRider
02-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Just get some galvanized screen and make one.

vpofthedrc
02-01-2006, 11:39 AM
I actually found a place that still had some of the old spark arrestors in stock. I had considered using my stock endcap and modifying it to fit the DG with some stainless screen behind it if I couldn't find one.