PDA

View Full Version : Replacing bulky hot start black box on bars...

bpimpdaddy21
02-01-2006, 06:00 AM
I am looking into getting rid of the big box on the clutch side of the bars. I just got an ASV pro perch, but without hot start. I contacted them to see if I can get the hot start setup peices and put them on my perch (looks like it will work). Anyway, can I wire my pro design kill switch to serve the same function as the red switch on the big black box? Can I just take the wires from kill switch, wire them into the plug, and plug it into the original plug that the black box plugs into on the wiring harness? If not, what kill switch could I go with to replace this if I can get the hot start assembly? Thanks!

450r51
02-01-2006, 08:20 AM
here is a picture of what i have on my quad, its the genXatv clutch perch with hotstart. and it works fine. since i have no lights on my quad i didnt need the black box. as for my key, i just leave it on all the time and put it under my hood. i use my pro design kill switch to turn off the machine and it works fine. and the red temp light well i just zip tied it to my bars so i could see it. my bars look super clean with out that box on it...here they are.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/450r51/DSC00183.jpg

bpimpdaddy21
02-01-2006, 10:16 AM
so what did you do then, just unplug the box and take it off of the quad, no need to jump any wires or anything? Thanks man!

450r51
02-01-2006, 12:45 PM
i followed the wires down to under the hood where theres like multi colored caps, you could say. i beleive i took the cap off from the frame, along with all the wiring, or i just disconnected the wiring from the cap thing...i cant remember what i did. good luck to ya.