PDA

View Full Version : Ups and downs to owning a new bike

doublevision
01-31-2006, 11:32 PM
[B]this whole google thing sucks. i just need some acurate information berfore purchasing aftermarket parts. Let me be a spounge. just bought a raptor 700 and i have major concerns. by the way my first trip to glamis was an f- ing blast.

honduh440
01-31-2006, 11:42 PM
EDIT JOEX> wrong pic for this site:ermm:

2002400ex
01-31-2006, 11:47 PM
um.. ride it till it breaks?:confused:

nowukno
02-01-2006, 12:04 AM
The lightning in a bottle post pretty much sums it up. :p

Mxjunkie
02-01-2006, 12:19 AM
So... Your saying owning a new bike is nice, but their isnt many aftermarket parts for it. There's stuff out there, just gotta look
:)

doublevision
02-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Im looking for a pipe right now. any recomendations? Does any one know if you can put a kick start on a 700?

Alberta_Qaudin
02-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by doublevision
Im looking for a pipe right now. any recomendations? Does any one know if you can put a kick start on a 700?

Allow me to be the first to ask...........why?

4TraxRider
02-01-2006, 11:51 AM
When I put a kickstarter on my pickup it made it way faster, duh.:huh

nosliw
02-01-2006, 12:06 PM
if you can rig up a kickstart good luck turning it over

nakomis0
02-01-2006, 12:15 PM
lol (<~~~~theres my contrabution to this post):blah:

02-01-2006, 12:24 PM
alright let me set tings straight a little for you

1- no you can not get a kicktart for your 700 if you wanted a kick start quad you shoulda gone for the honda 450 (almost as fast)

the best pipe for your 700 in my opinion would be the lrd,hmf,yoshi and the rossier;)

if you are looking for parts for your quad try

www.rockymountainatv.com
www.motosport.com
www.denniskirk.com
www.albaaction.com
www.ebay.com and there are many others just search

02-01-2006, 12:31 PM
dont go and buy a chit lod of stuff for your engine cus it seems like this is your first quad and the power of an EFI raptor 700 should be more than enough for you.if i were you the closest to engine mods would be an exhaust system that id even consider getting.DONT for get to jet it if you buy a pipe,slipon,header,airfilter,full system first ask your dealer or post here before you do crazy chit to your qaud .

if i were youi would rather look at purchasing handlebars,stem,seat foam,shocks,rear shock, a-arms swingarm etc. anything BUT modding the engine UNLESS you are going to race.

the more you mod out the engine the more reliabilty issues you will run into

hope this helped :D

jwick07
02-01-2006, 01:37 PM
If he bought a 2006 Craptor then it had fule injection and will not need to be rejetted because the computer will take care of the fule flow.

mine
02-02-2006, 06:05 AM
oh yea i forgot about that:p but now ive got enough respect ot call it a raptor and not a craptor. Yamis really been doing there home work lately.:macho

dangle
02-02-2006, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by jwick07
If he bought a 2006 Craptor then it had fule injection and will not need to be rejetted because the computer will take care of the fule flow.

That just means you have to take it to the stealership and let them "flash" your comp. for 200$...

Mike

Racing Rice
02-02-2006, 07:22 AM
MMMKay... Or buy some sort of Fuel Management system like a power commander or a Dobeck system.:huh

jwick07
02-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by dangle
That just means you have to take it to the stealership and let them "flash" your comp. for 200$...

Mike

No this system will automaticly adjust to the new pipe and what ever air box mods are made to it.

dangle
02-02-2006, 07:51 AM
No this system will automaticly adjust to the new pipe and what ever air box mods are made to it.

Well then I'm wrong... Guessing this system is far more advanced than the efi on my buddies old speed...

Mike

jwick07
02-02-2006, 08:10 AM
I think it is. Was it the speed or the moto that had computer mapping on the efi so you could adjust it by your laptop

bradley300
02-02-2006, 08:16 AM
actually your wrong, put on a puipe, air filter and take off the air box lid and the spark plug will be so white its not funny. the efi dosent really adjust for anything. thats why everyone buys an aftemarket computer tuner for it

jwick07
02-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
actually your wrong, put on a puipe, air filter and take off the air box lid and the spark plug will be so white its not funny. the efi dosent really adjust for anything. thats why everyone buys an aftemarket computer tuner for it

no your wrong, because i read it in the bible of arving DIRTWHEELS, and we all know how smart they are on there yammie crap

but i dont care really i'm never going to own another yammie in my life.

FourFiftyFour
02-02-2006, 10:28 AM
the cannondales require to be tuned up every once in a while. We do throttle recalibrations and you have to check your mapping.

When my bills pipe got crushed at Lake Whitney, the only thing I could get my hands on for my local race the next weekend was a stock silencer. It would not run with the moto mapping. I had to downgrade to the slower Cannibal mapping because it would foul the plug with the moto mapping and stock cannibal silencer.

We have advantages if you have the program and your own laptop. You can plug it up anywhere and remap or anything with just a few clicks. Fairly simple and if I do this ever at the track, I get a lot of weird looks! lol

dober250R
02-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
the cannondales require to be tuned up every once in a while. We do throttle recalibrations and you have to check your mapping.

When my bills pipe got crushed at Lake Whitney, the only thing I could get my hands on for my local race the next weekend was a stock silencer. It would not run with the moto mapping. I had to downgrade to the slower Cannibal mapping because it would foul the plug with the moto mapping and stock cannibal silencer.

We have advantages if you have the program and your own laptop. You can plug it up anywhere and remap or anything with just a few clicks. Fairly simple and if I do this ever at the track, I get a lot of weird looks! lol

I'm sure those aren't weird looks, they are prolly just checking you out:macho