PDA

View Full Version : 440 Build?

ATC4LIFE
01-31-2006, 09:59 PM
I bought a 01 400ex mostly stock, only has a stage 1 HotCam. Anyhow i sent it to the local shop that has done work for me in the past. a few of the guys there have 440 kits and one has a 465 stroker. Anyways I'm having them build me a 440 kit consisting of a 440 resleeve 12.5:1 (89mm) with a new stage 2 HotCam and I will gear to 16t front and 36t rear to start out with and then i can go from there.everything else is gonna stay the same for now. Also i have a Full Yoshi exhaust to go with this. I can get 110octane all day long around here but they told me some of there guys trail ride there 440's from one gas station to another and just run 93 octane. All i do is Flat Track on ice and Clay. With what Info i have given, is this set-up gonna run and work properly? Will it be a torque Monster or will it be a Hi rever. should i be putting a heavyduty stud kit in it? Also is this gonna end up being a Rod Bender motor? I currently run a TRX 310R so this will be my first 4 stroke. Thanks

knight rider
02-05-2006, 04:57 PM
hey i have a 440 it with a stage 2 hot cam andhot rods crank and rod 11:1 compression piston to keep the reliability as long as u do the regular oil changes a keep up on the matinance it should work fine i dont have a stud kit in mine and i recomend a cometic gaskit kit

prepracing
02-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Torque motor = yes, Hi reving engine = NO, and I would definitly go with the HD studs with that compression. :macho