PDA

View Full Version : Cutting the front fenders back

DozerDan
01-31-2006, 09:25 PM
What are the advantages to this?

The guy I bought mine from had done it. I didnt really care too much till I rode my buddie with full plastics and got about 1/3 of the amount of crap in my face.

It doenst really bother me per say, just wondering

hondajoe05
01-31-2006, 09:39 PM
less wind resistance.... looks..... racing.......

DozerDan
02-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Any legit reasons, looks is the only one of them that really has any logic to it, if you want to call it that.

NacsMXer
02-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Lets you see exactly where your tires are in tight situations or in the air. This is useful in turns with other people next to you and any other time riding MX.

Like at this one MX track I ride at, there is this high speed S turn. With shaved fenders, I can come into that turn hot, induce a controlled slide, and drift it completely sideways past a wood post in the center of the S turn. So I could get my front end to come about 1-2 ft away from that post while I was sliding sideways through the turn. Its a real time saver through that section. It would be hard to do that with confidence with full fenders obstructing your view.

QuAdBoY4EvEr
02-01-2006, 09:09 PM
you get the holeshot and come into the first turn 4th gear tapped 3 wide, its nice to know exacally where your front tires are

DozerDan
02-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Cool. I can see that being helpful. I guess I really never noticed not being able to see them because I always have been able to.

underpowered
02-02-2006, 11:56 AM
also weight. i have OMF scoops and full fenders on mine. the weight of the fenders from jumping has actually cracked the scoops. with tehm cut they are not there to flop around and break my scoops

quad2xtreme
02-02-2006, 02:56 PM
I had to cut my fenders after the weight of mud on them cracked the plastic around the mounting locations when jumping at an mx track.

m1ke
02-02-2006, 09:00 PM
*Fingernails on chalk board.*