PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket header?

300ex mxracer
01-31-2006, 08:33 PM
i have a fmf aftermarket header that i need a new slip-on for. i know it is aftermarket because it curves and goes back before the frame instead of around it like the stock one does. im am thinking it is a fmf becaue that was what the slip-on was.what will work on this header? i kinda want a hmf but i dont know if it will fit.i dont want another fmf megamax II.

jsmith2232
02-01-2006, 06:45 AM
I've got the fmf powerbomb header with the fmf powercore 4 slip on and I love it.

RRP
02-01-2006, 04:44 PM
I also have the power core 4 with the fmf header.Gives it a nice deep tone

300ex mxracer
02-01-2006, 06:46 PM
RRP- i have almost identical engine mods to you, what jets are you running and do you have airlid on or off. also what compression are you running with the .040 over? also where would be the best place to buy a power core 4 if thats what i go with?

RRP
02-01-2006, 07:03 PM
I am running a 128 dynojet jet with the lid on.There is alot of dust where I ride in the summertime so I wanted to keep the lid.I am not sure what my compression ratio is because the motor was already done when I got it.All I was told was that it was a high compression piston??so I guess it could be just about anything.I bought my fmf system from rocky mountain,they were the cheapest when I was looking.