PDA

View Full Version : Rekluse Auto Clutch

IMCanadian
01-31-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm trying to make my 450R ridable for my girlfriend. I want her to be able to ride my bike but she can't get used to using a manual clutch. I'm interested in installing a Rekluse clutch to see if that would help out but thought I'd better ask opinions on here.

Does the Rekluse work like an auto clutch machine (ie. she will not have to use the clutch at all when shifting gears?) Can she stop in any gear without stalling? How much more wear and tear will this put on my clutch? Is there alot more maintenance in keeping the clutch adjusted?

Thanks in advance for you response. Your help is appreciated.

h-bomb450R
01-31-2006, 08:36 PM
yes, there is more maintenance required. For racing, there are alot of negatives about it...but for just cruising around or trail riding im sure it would be fine. You have to check the clearances alot on them...im prettty sure. (correct me if im wrong) but it does indeed work like an automatic clutch...she can kick it over and just press the throttle and it willl go. But it has to be kept at the right adjustment or else it wont work right.

Its a little too complicated for me. thats why i just stuck with the normal clutch system.

Austin

Colby@C&DRacing
02-01-2006, 09:01 AM
We have installed and maintaned countless rekluse clutchs. I really don't see any negatives with this clutch if it is installed and properly setup it will work perfect. We have alot of hours on both of ours and tons of races. It will work great for your girlfriend.She can swift without using the clutch and stop and start in gear.

WhiteZee
02-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by h-bomb450R
yes, there is more maintenance required. For racing, there are alot of negatives about it...but for just cruising around or trail riding im sure it would be fine. You have to check the clearances alot on them...im prettty sure. (correct me if im wrong) but it does indeed work like an automatic clutch...she can kick it over and just press the throttle and it willl go. But it has to be kept at the right adjustment or else it wont work right.

Its a little too complicated for me. thats why i just stuck with the normal clutch system.

Austin
stop posting about things you have no idea about or do not personally use your self.

C&D pretty much hit the nail on the head.

its been several months since i adjusted my auto clutch, and it has 6 races on it. i still dont believe it wears clutch fibers out any faster then normal.

the predator
02-01-2006, 05:10 PM
can a rekluse be used with stock clutch basket?

clutt225
02-01-2006, 05:41 PM
yes

h-bomb450R
02-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
stop posting about things you have no idea about or do not personally use your self.

C&D pretty much hit the nail on the head.

its been several months since i adjusted my auto clutch, and it has 6 races on it. i still dont believe it wears clutch fibers out any faster then normal.

OHH my mistake. i dont race AND ride with 3 people that have them or nething!!!

Why dont you kiss my *** and i'll post what i want.

DEAL
02-01-2006, 06:16 PM
What kind of maintence to you have to do to them?
I'd like to know, I bought a 450r with one and I don't want it to fly apart on me.

h-bomb450R
02-01-2006, 06:19 PM
WhiteZEE would be happy to inform you.

clutt225
02-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Our race team runs them in a yfz and dvx that are raced and rec riden. we have had good luck with them and recomend them for alot of diferent riding styles. they can be finicky but they work great when they are set up. we ran a full race season with very few complaints or problems.

ajr400ex
02-01-2006, 07:28 PM
I would recommend running an aftermarket clutch basket like the Hinson or Wiseco on the 450r. I have put 14 GNCC's and several local XC races on mine without major issues. I did break the stock clutch basket. You do have to keep checking the gap and adjusting as required. The benefits are worth the extra effort in my opinion.

WhiteZee
02-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ajr400ex
I would recommend running an aftermarket clutch basket like the Hinson or Wiseco on the 450r. I have put 14 GNCC's and several local XC races on mine without major issues. I did break the stock clutch basket. You do have to keep checking the gap and adjusting as required. The benefits are worth the extra effort in my opinion.
yep, its a VERY good idea to use an aftermarket basket with the rekluse.

Jersey450R
02-01-2006, 08:54 PM
my buddy loves his rekluse (sp?) auto clutch. i rode it and it would definitly take some getting used to.

compedge
02-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Can you still use the clutch lever? I do a lot of fast trail riding. Its tight and there's a lot of step hills and swamps. We have a few trails 2 foot high woops for about 2 miles one after another. Old rail road bed and on the power lines.