PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 advice

400Rider022
01-31-2006, 05:39 PM
just picked up a jeep cherokee...lookin to do some off roadin... where do u all think i should start with my vehicle modification wise.. im on a tight budget

Titanium
01-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by 400Rider022
just picked up a jeep cherokee...lookin to do some off roadin... where do u all think i should start with my vehicle modification wise.. im on a tight budget

What kind of motor is in it. is it jus a cherokee or a grand cherokee. if its a grand cherokee look into getting a exhaust system and cold air intake. u could prolly do the same thing if its a normal cherokee with the inline 6 too tho.

TheFontMaster
01-31-2006, 05:57 PM
I would start with a lift and a nice set of rims and tires. If it's an older jeep, they are solid axle's front and rear, and use leaf springs. You can get all new lifted leaf spring reletively cheap, and they are tough. Then some 33's, maybe 35's depending on what size lift you go with, and some cheap steel rims. If you are planning on using it for just off roading, then I would weld the front and rear end. If you plan on driving it on the road alot then atleast get a locker in the rear. And exaust and intake would help, get you a little more power to turn the bigger tires.