PDA

View Full Version : float bowel removal??

gawski
01-31-2006, 04:50 PM
I am trying to remove my float bowl on my 2004 pred 500 so i can change my main jet. The problem I am having is that the 4 screws holding the float bowl on ,will not break loose. Any suggestions?

jumptruck
01-31-2006, 05:27 PM
i had a problem with my old raptor doing the samething i had stripped them so bad i had to drill the head of the screw then iwas able to take them out with my fingers but if there not stripped i heard off people use impact drivers to break them loose hope this helps

m1ke
01-31-2006, 06:26 PM
float bowel......hahaha

wolffie
01-31-2006, 06:40 PM
spray a bit of wd40 on em (dont be over generous though!) Do you have like a kit of different "bits" for a drill? buy your self a screw driver with an interchangable head and play around with the different bits. see what fits the float boal screws or not.

BE VERY CAREFUL, you do not want to strip the bolts (as mentioned before) if you feel comfortable enough using a drill with a variable speed, you could try to use that (low spee of course)

i would look in to either buying a dial a jet, or replacing those bolts with some sturdier allen head bolts (or both!)

good luck!

hannibal3495
01-31-2006, 07:16 PM
I had the same problem. I was able to get a pair of vice-grips(vice-strips) on them and break them free. Hope this might help.

Scott

digga_b
02-01-2006, 12:25 AM
^^^What he said. A good small pair of vice grips works the best. Then replace the screws with some allen head screws.

wolffie
02-26-2006, 04:34 PM
www.jetsrus.com has great prices on jet kits, and the kit itself comes with replacement allen head screws!:D