PDA

View Full Version : Is my clutch shot?

Scro
01-31-2006, 02:33 PM
When I pull the clutch in, the arms down by the case is moving normally (like it used to). But the clutch is acting like it is not engaging. For instance, when I was coasting and pulled in the clutch to brake, it just went dead. It will also not roll when you pull in the clutch.

I got home and pulled the clutch cover off. I pulled the clutch in and it moved maybe an eighth of an inch to the outside.

Has something broke on the inside? I don't know nothing about taking a clutch apart or putting it back together, so I would rather not go taking bolts out to find out.

duke416ex
01-31-2006, 02:52 PM
Sounds like you need to adjust the cable and hopefully that will take care of most of the problem.

bikerinblack51
01-31-2006, 07:22 PM
yep sounds liek the cable mine was doin the same

rookiex
01-31-2006, 09:30 PM
If its not the cable an worst comes to worst pull off you side cover pull the springs an plates an fibers an see how they are.

baldwin will set you up FULL clutch rebuild 160 dollars not too bad.

Scro
02-01-2006, 07:38 AM
It was the cable. One of the wires was frayed and that was somehow messing it up:confused: , even though it looked like the arm was moving normally. :huh Oh well, it's fixed and I'm happy:D . Thanks guys.

Punk'd
02-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Mine used to do that.. Id go to take off a let the clutch out and she would just shut right off.. After some adjusting it was good

Scro
02-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Mine used to do that.. Id go to take off a let the clutch out and she would just shut right off.. After some adjusting it was good

Mine was doing the exact opposite. Put it in neutral, crank it up, pull in clutch, and then when you shifted down into second, it would take off! lol

RedRob
02-09-2006, 12:34 PM
I am have the same problem on my 06 as we speak. Its been in the shop for OVER 2 months. They changed everything from the basket to the cable.
Neither the dealer or honda can fighure it out. I just got an attourney and we are going to Lemon it.
PAY UP HONDA!!! BUY IT BACK!!! FIRST AND LAST HONDA FOR ME!!!