PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Wheels

wolffie
01-31-2006, 01:33 PM
Jeremiah jones had one set up for his needs. it was almost completely stock. check it out in the March issue of DW. i didnt have that much time to read it, but i will add some more info later! try www.dirtwheelsmag.com to see if the article is on there!!!!

01-31-2006, 01:46 PM
yup i saw it. Funny it says aftermarket swing arm, but it looked stk. Liked the shot of him roosting the TRX450, but who knows how good of a ridder the other guy was.

czrider263
01-31-2006, 04:26 PM
i can't find either pic can u post them?

CdaleXtreme
02-02-2006, 10:43 PM
at the time of the photoshoot they were running stock equipment.

Come Glen Helen expect full walsh swing-arm and A-arms, Fox Shocks all around, Douglas wheels, and Holeshot SXs Tag Bars, Blingstar Alluminum products, Yosh Exhausts, and Quad Tech Components.

wolffie
02-04-2006, 03:06 PM
rawdeal, yeah i think it is funny how they say it smoked the 450r. i am sure the ltr450 is a quicker machine, but come on, they said Gust was riding the ltr and some random dude was driving the 450r! Doug gust could probably ride a Power Wheels and beat some riders! lol, probably not, but he is one helluva rider! this season ought to be interesting with him going up against Natalie!

readybeartoe
02-05-2006, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by wolffie
Jeremiah jones had one set up for his needs. it was almost completely stock. check it out in the March issue of DW. i didnt have that much time to read it, but i will add some more info later! try www.dirtwheelsmag.com to see if the article is on there!!!!

Go back and read it carefully! At a glance They are trying to make you think Jones is jumping the "STOCK" quad like that! but it's his decked out race bike... Very stratigically written article. Should make alot of poeple run out and buy it Monday. Hope it holds up.

readybeartoe
02-05-2006, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by wolffie

Go back and read it carefully! At a glance They are trying to make you think Jones is jumping the "STOCK" quad like that! but it's his decked out race bike... Very stratigically written article. Should make alot of poeple run out and buy it Monday. Hope it holds up.

zeus54
02-06-2006, 07:44 AM
jason dunkleberger was the honda pilot and he is no slouch on any bike he and andy legazdas were there doing there own tests on different things with the trx. and look at the last page in the arcticle in dirtwheels the exhaust pipe is not the same as stock so you got to question whether or not you would jump an 85 foot triple without long travel or if you like your knees in your chin then try it:D :D

johns295R
02-14-2006, 10:19 PM
i think that ltr450 is a bads *** bike but they need to rewite the hole thing. they lead you to belive thats a stock 4 wheeler doing all that. what do they think we are dumm.

86 trx250R
295cc
powerhead
deltforce reeds
DR trans
hinson adjustable timing bearing holder,clutch basket
hot rod crank
38mm DR carb
DR clutchs
leagers 2+2+1 arm
leagers swingarm , Druablue adjustable axle, dualbeaing carrier
89 plastic
AC full skids,bumper
janssan racing rad
old school roost boost
works triple rates front singe rate rear
paul tuner race pipe
their lots more

135boom
02-15-2006, 02:05 PM
............My personal opinion is we should all stop reading dirt wheels! They are always misleading us and feeding wrong information. The zuki was anything BUT stock! Congrats, his full on race ltr beating a trx with who knows what done to it. Also, who knows who the rider was.
Dirt wheels in bogus. they sit there and talk about a stock machine, and get a ride review of a quad that is anything BUT stock. If I remember right, the suspension was different. I believe it has fox floats. The exhaust was different................... ect ect ect!!
That quad was setup! ohhhhh, and he beat some joe on his joe trx! whooopppppiieeeee!!!!!
Compare a race quad with another race quad, with TWO race riders! Then you'll have something to show!

Blue250X
02-17-2006, 07:42 PM
OK, u guys look again at that articel, the ltr won in the drag cuz the honda guy was too damn scared to go fast......he has no rear brakes....... i would be scared to go fast with no back brakes too:blah:

outlaw450r
02-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Dirt Wheels would be better if the whole mag was just a letters section.

troutman561
02-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by rawdeal
yup i saw it. Funny it says aftermarket swing arm, but it looked stk. Liked the shot of him roosting the TRX450, but who knows how good of a ridder the other guy was.

The rider was the recent winner of the special olympics, i heard he has 2 prosthetic(sp?) arms!

readybeartoe
02-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by outlaw450r
Dirt Wheels would be better if the whole mag was just a letters section.

Yup!!! That's all I like to see, when I read it at "Books a million" and then don't buy it! :p ...$5.50! WTF!:eek: naaaah.