PDA

View Full Version : Magura clutch owners......

nowukno
01-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Im ordering one very soon with the stainless line. I was wondering how difficult it was to install one. I checked with the local honda shop and they want $120 for the install. There is no way im paying that. Just looking for some advice on the install. Is it pretty simple?

450robot
01-31-2006, 11:31 AM
yup, just like installing a normal clutch cable, you just have to bleed it

my i suggest when you bleed it, instead of holding the slave cylinder will filling it and getting the air bubbles out, just dunk the whole cylinder in the mineral oil, and pump the lever until all the air is out of the line, then put in the piston assembly, and take the peices out of the mineral oil, and screw on the cap

tucson450r
01-31-2006, 11:53 AM
It is easy enough to do the install. Get the bleeding kit and an extra bottle of magura blood while your at it.

01-31-2006, 12:41 PM
get a RTC

nowukno
01-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks guys for the info. :)

nowukno
01-31-2006, 10:38 PM
BTW , i emailed a tech rep at magura and he told me ........

"The clutch kit installation is fairly simple. The system is all bleed all you do is remove your old cable system, clamp the master cylinder to the bar, route the hose, install the slave cylinder bracket/slave cylinder and connect it to your clutch arm. Adjustment is basically making sure after installation you have approximately 3mm of freeplay at the slave cylinder.
If your going to order a stainless steel line then you'll need to install the line and bleed the system."

I think with his instructions and the ones i got from you guys , i should be ok.
:)