PDA

View Full Version : trade my sled for atv?????? RESPONDDD

bowlerzthree
01-31-2006, 10:05 AM
Hey guys, im new to this site.

i have a 1998 ZR 500 sled, adujustable fox shocks, upgraded suspension, rebuilt engine with 500 miles on it, new clutch with 500 miles on it, 3 inch risers, low black cobra windshield, windshield bag, light shield. its in good condition.

i had a guy call me and he wants to trade a 2001 honda 400ex, the 400ex has a 440 big bore kit, new Fly handle bars, new chain, shaved front fenders, the platics are in pretty good shape, it was a lil dirty when he brought it over, it does need a battery but other than that it looks pretty nice.

i dotn know whether it would be a good trade or what not. i just dont want to get screwed.

the main idea is to sell the 4wheeler if i trade m,y sled for it. i think i would have a better chance of selling a atv than a sled this season due to no snow.

let me know what you think cause hes suppose to call me tonight and bring it over so i can look at it again
thanks

bowlerzthree
01-31-2006, 10:06 AM
he also has a almost new yoshimira full exuast on it...and i would be willing to part the bike out if i had enough people to buy the parts

Chino886
01-31-2006, 10:09 AM
I am guessing that you can get anywhere from $2000-$3500 for the 400EX, depending on what condition it is in......hope that helps...

Honda#4
01-31-2006, 10:38 AM
i say go for it.

400exchick
01-31-2006, 11:06 AM
Because we've been getting such horrible winters lately I can pretty much guarantee you'd get more money for the quad then the sled. Granted that the quad is in good shape of course.

I don't know about you though, but I don't think I could go without any "toys" at all. Thinking of buying something else with the cash from the sale(s)??

Honda#4
01-31-2006, 11:20 AM
i was thinkin the bike is more than the sled to i was gonna say that before but to make a long story short.

Rip_Tear
01-31-2006, 04:21 PM
Like everyone said, provided the ATV is in good shape I'd suggest doing it.

How many total miles on the sled? I'm betting 3000+? My 2001 MXZ 700 only has 903 KM!!! I was going to sell it before the winter, but ended up keeping since it started off like a good winter...(here anyways...)

bowlerzthree
01-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Well, i just got in from the garage. the guy came over and i had my brother look over the quad before i made any decisions. my bro said it looked ok and he left it upto me.

so i now own a 2001 400ex, well acually 440ex haha.

i took it around the yard quick then put it in the garage, i cleaned the entire frame, it had a bunch of grunge on it, so that looks alot better, then i washed it with the hose / wet sanded the plastics a bit, polished the pipe and it turns out that it looks pretty good when cleaned up. i cleaned all the wires and made a good connection to the battery. also threw in a few screws where the vibration must have made them loosen up.

then i decided i needed to take it for a ride, reminder that the biggest quad i ever rode was a warrior 350...it really suprised me how quick this quad is. ddd i acually might keep it now that i realized how fast it is.

i was going to sell it and get an arctic cat F7 but i guess i will have to save some money now in order to have both of them, but the mods on this quad are the 440cc big bore kit, stage 1 hot cams, full yoshimira exuast, fly handlebars, shaved front fenders and i think thats it, but it runs really good and if i got the right price for it, i would sell it if somebody wanted it. so just let me know and keep this post going i like getting to talk and hear your responses

bowlerzthree
01-31-2006, 08:41 PM
:)

yokeracer
02-01-2006, 04:46 AM
how about some pix of it, sound good though