PDA

View Full Version : Setup for Racing on a 300?

kid300ex
07-11-2002, 04:05 PM
Alrighty, I wanna get into racing my 300ex.. my question is what should I do to set it up? Im kinda on a budget right now and only gonna race maybe 2-3 races at most, Im going to order some 20x11x9 Razors on .190's (im going with the 20's so i can still ride some powerlines and alotta gravel roads, etc.) Anything else???

Ex'r Marlin
07-11-2002, 04:57 PM
I know that the 300ex in stock trim is not the fastest machine out there, but if I could do it all over again... I would have gotten the front shocks first... Before having all the engine mods. Aftermarket front shocks on the 300ex makes a huge difference! I am sure you are on a budget... But I would still highly recommend investing in the shocks. Plus, not only will you enjoy them year round, it will greatly help you in racing!

You may also need an aftermarket tether kill switch for racing.

Note: Going with the aftermarket rear tires was a very wise choice!

Good luck racing!

NJ300ex
07-11-2002, 05:40 PM
Tell us what type of racing you plan on doing at that will help more.

Your stock wheels are much stronger than the regular douglas .190's.

kid300ex
07-11-2002, 11:21 PM
just some MX, I'd use my stock rims but I got my All-traks on them and dont want to switch

Clay
07-12-2002, 12:53 AM
Suspension would definately be the first thing that i would invest in.

kid300ex
07-12-2002, 02:23 AM
I would buy some new shocks, But I plan on buying a new quad in the next year or two and dont want to sink "too much" money into it when I wont even get that much out of it. When I get a bigger quad suspenion and protection is my first investment, (and a pipe)

cdalejef
07-12-2002, 07:23 AM
bradley300 has a pretty tricked out 300ex for racing. Send him a PM and see what he has to say.

Rastus
07-12-2002, 04:23 PM
Id say some shocks, im getting some eventually, but i dont have near enough moo-lah. :( If id done it again, shocks would be on the top of my list.

Buzzsaw
07-12-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by kid300ex
I would buy some new shocks, But I plan on buying a new quad in the next year or two and dont want to sink "too much" money into it when I wont even get that much out of it. When I get a bigger quad suspenion and protection is my first investment, (and a pipe)

you might want to stop now with spending the money because from your sign. you plan spending alot more.

On the way- FST Oil Cooler, Maxxis Razors on Douglas rims, Renthal bars, TMM handlebar clamp, New exhaust system (havent decided what to get yet) High Compression piston, CDI Black box mod.. That about sums up my list!