PDA

View Full Version : 04 TRX450R cam help?

QCquad83
01-30-2006, 07:28 PM
what cam should i put in it i race motorcross Quad A and i have a guy that is going to do head work piston work and all the goodies and put a cam in it for me which one should i get.?

i'm not going high compression piston because i dont' want to deal with it and rather give some of that up for reliability. but do i get the HRC CAM or do i get Hot Cam Stage 1/2?

Ridin' Jesse
01-31-2006, 04:30 AM
02 CRF Cam, Sparks agressive Cam, Webcam. Some I can think of off the top of my head.

brink400
01-31-2006, 08:35 AM
I cant comment on anything except the hotcams stage 2. I dropped it in my R and love the way it added power throughout the powerband. There may be better cams out there, but the hotcams is definately the best bang for your buck. I plan on dropping another one in when i build a new quad next year.

TRX250R87
01-31-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm guessing a top end cam would be better for an A class racer, someone that can actually ride and use the power. That's how it used to be on 2 strokes anyways.
ERIC

RedRacer44
01-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Stage 2 HotCam is the better of the hotcams for the TRX in a motocross situation. I've ran a HotCam in both of my TRXs (2004 and 2006), both make great power with no loss on bottom end. Plus they're are probably the best bang for the buck, $125 or so depending on where you get it from. It also works well with mods like what you're doing......

The HRC also works really well and works absolutely amazing with extensive motor work like your doing. Several engine builders praise it highly.....try to find one on EBay, Service Honda, etc.....

The '02 CRF cam is the most aggressive outta all the CRF cams if my memory serves me correctly and works really well too from what I've been told. Honda part too, cant beat that! I havent ridden a TRX with a CRF cam like I have with the other cams so I cant tell ya from personal experience.

If $$$ is no object.....the big WebCam or the Megacycle are some bad mofos! Lots of power :devil:

trost66
01-31-2006, 06:31 PM
crf 02 cam bottom end cam. Great for mx

trost66
01-31-2006, 06:31 PM
crf 02 cam bottom end cam. Great for mx