PDA

View Full Version : 87 yamaha warrior NO SPARK

polkperformance
01-30-2006, 06:15 PM
HELP!! I have no spark on my warrior. i have replaced the complete ricks stator assembly,ign. coil assembly with a uni fit coil.
all thats left is the cdi anyone have any ideas i tried my buddies cdi unit and it does the same thing NOTHING! im pissed. Please reply if you have any serious suggestions.

Thanks
mike

elementryder
01-30-2006, 06:45 PM
same thing happened to me my dads warrior was stolin a year ago and we got it back new years day we got it runnin untill sunday we tried to start it and it would not start we have nospark tthe coil is fine we put a new ignion on and were workin on the stator he has an 87 please let me know if you find out

elementryder
01-31-2006, 06:09 PM
make sure you have 12 volts in the batt and the ing switch for the 87 is a one of a kind others will fit but wont work

bwamos
02-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Did the machine spark before the stator change? Or was the stator changed due to no spark?

1) try a new plug yet? ;)
2) Inspect the kill switch. It could have gone bad and in permenant ground state. Use a multimeter to make sure it's not grounding out.
3) Make sure the spark plug wire is still good.
4) Check, and clean ALL grounds.
5) Check voltage on all power wires.
6) Is the "universal" coil the correct voltage output? They do vary.

That should give you a start.

If it worked before the new stator.. open it back up and make sure all the connections are tight. If they aren't all tightened down it will lose it's frame ground, and won't work. I have seen this problem on a couple 300ex's after they opened up the stator compartment.

SatisTraction
02-01-2006, 12:14 PM
i jsut went through this with a 300ex. I bought complete electrical system off of ebay because i was in a hurry. the day before it came in i got my manual down and started trouble shooting. it was a neutral start switch that was shorted out.

moral of the story is to get a manual and a volt meter and goto work!!

it may just be a shorted wire

bwamos
02-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by SatisTraction
moral of the story is to get a manual and a volt meter and goto work!!

Aye that's a common issue in the 300ex's once they age a little.

348warrior
02-13-2006, 07:25 AM
that happened to me and i had to replace the pick up coils