PDA

View Full Version : 06 kick 450R

One_Bad_400
01-30-2006, 04:51 PM
i just got back from the local honda shop about getting my new 450 for this season... and he said there is no way he can get me a 06 kick start 450R?!?!?! i thought they were optional?

01-30-2006, 05:14 PM
i coulda sworn they were too:ermm: :huh

250ex13
01-30-2006, 05:27 PM
could he have ment it like its hard to find the kick start ones?!?

One_Bad_400
01-30-2006, 06:08 PM
no.. cuz i argued with them that there is a kick.. an he said they are not comeing and he can not order them

hondardr4life
01-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Well I can assure you that theyre comming out with one. I would have told him he was an idiot, and went somewhere else. I stood next to an 06 kick start at Baldwin's about a month ago. Since Tim's sponsered by Honda they give them to Baldwins early I believe, but they are definetly a real thing.

250ex13
01-30-2006, 07:56 PM
hmm you should print out the spec sheet from powersports.honda.com that says kickstart optional and bring it too him just too prove him rong ..and maybe theyl order some !!

trick250r
01-30-2006, 08:02 PM
yes, they do have a kick version, there was guy on here (in the 450r sect.) that was in africa that had an '06 kicker. plus my dealer said we're getting one in, but he still talked me into the magic button.

redracing88
01-30-2006, 08:15 PM
you knwo what i think with all these hiped out sport quads the average joe is gonna go out there and buy one and either do damage to property or kill himself and its gonna ut a bad name to the atv population!! who agrees with me?!?!?!?!? i mean if they want the biggest and the badest they should know what there doing and and biuld there own fast quad!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

no offense to this thread starter :ermm:

250ex13
01-30-2006, 08:41 PM
uh that was kinda random but ...i guess ur rite ina way =/...

exboy
01-30-2006, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by redracing88
[B]you knwo what i think with all these hiped out sport quads the average joe is gonna go out there and buy one and either do damage to property or kill himself and its gonna ut a bad name to the atv population!! who agrees with me?!?!?!?!? i mean if they want the biggest and the badest they should know what there doing and and biuld there own fast quad!!

One_Bad_400
01-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by redracing88
you knwo what i think with all these hiped out sport quads the average joe is gonna go out there and buy one and either do damage to property or kill himself and its gonna ut a bad name to the atv population!! who agrees with me?!?!?!?!? i mean if they want the biggest and the badest they should know what there doing and and biuld there own fast quad!!

no offense to this thread starter :ermm:

what do you mean?

Mxjunkie
01-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Last time I asked the dude he told me they are special order only. They wanted my banshee as a trade in so fuggin bad lol

HondaRacer300ex
01-31-2006, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Last time I asked the dude he told me they are special order only. They wanted my banshee as a trade in so fuggin bad lol

So do it! what are you nuts?:devil:

Ripitupfilms
01-31-2006, 07:38 AM
redracing88

wtf are you talkin about if what you say was real there would no race quads . you cant just build a fast quad if you have nothing to start with.... they had been building fast quads stock for years. you make no sense...quit crying like a girl about nothing

underpowered
01-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
redracing88
...how old are you honestly

according to his profiel he is 14. Redracing88-why are you talking your 400ex was the baddest quad around when it first came out, plus you are 14 and not even supposed to be riding anything above a 90 yet. i do agree that some people get quads like a 450r for their first quad and think they can haqndle it, but there are those out there that know what they are doing when they buy a fast quad.

Scro
01-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
no.. cuz i argued with them that there is a kick.. an he said they are not comeing and he can not order them

Tell him to look at the Dec. issue of Dirtwheels (I think that is the correct month). There is a picture of a kick.

Mxjunkie
01-31-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacer300ex
So do it! what are you nuts?:devil:

and give up the oppertuinity to put a front end on my banshee, PFT :devil:

All I need is $1,865 and I'm giving Janssen a call :macho

01-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
according to his profiel he is 14. Redracing88-why are you talking your 400ex was the baddest quad around when it first came out, plus you are 14 and not even supposed to be riding anything above a 90 yet. i do agree that some people get quads like a 450r for their first quad and think they can haqndle it, but there are those out there that know what they are doing when they buy a fast quad.

Ya, but seriously i always drove my friend 300ex and stuff and then in may of last year i bought my dvx 400, and the day i got it it didn't seem all that fast to me, and then i drove a a pros 450r with only a pipe, and hrc kit, and that wasn't that fast to me, dude if your talkin about people goin and buyin somethin they can't handle, talke about crotch rockets, thats where people get hurt, quads aren't that hard to handle, it's bikes, i'm only 15 too:rolleyes:

Honda400exrox
01-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by dvx400rider
Ya, but seriously i always drove my friend 300ex and stuff and then in may of last year i bought my dvx 400, and the day i got it it didn't seem all that fast to me, and then i drove a a pros 450r with only a pipe, and hrc kit, and that wasn't that fast to me, dude if your talkin about people goin and buyin somethin they can't handle, talke about crotch rockets, thats where people get hurt, quads aren't that hard to handle, it's bikes, i'm only 15 too:rolleyes:

Agreed

even dirtbikes are hard to handle, they have alot of speed, my CR85 will beat all my friends 400ex's on the road, and people go out and buy CR250's and think that they can handle them, thats when they start gettin hurt

Ripitupfilms
01-31-2006, 04:07 PM
your always gona have people getting hurts its basically a part of the sport if you never have got hurt once you havent rode hard enough yet.. ... your points make sense so what is the dealer supposed to do deny someone from buying a fast dirt bike or quad. hmm ????no there wouldnt be a dealership if it was like that.. also these people that buy 250 dirtbikes dont always ride them fast enough to get hurt and its their right to buy what they want.. and if these people dont get hurt it doesnt effect you one bit.. and theyll probally learn a lesson

Honda TRX250ex
01-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
and give up the oppertuinity to put a front end on my banshee, PFT :devil:

All I need is $1,865 and I'm giving Janssen a call :macho
sick banshee josh

zeppelin
01-31-2006, 04:56 PM
the reason why it dangerous to have relly fast stock quads is because it actualy doesnt take a lot of talent to just ride a quad. (im not talking about being able to race them, i mean actualy having the ability to just ride it around) this makes people have a different mind set about them, that any one can rie them, they get more careless with them and eventually IT happens. bikes on the other hand require you to focus 100% on what you are doing, if you so much a look over your sholder, odds are you have thrown off your balance and your goin down.t here is also just (for some reason i dont know, dont bash me for saying this but..) more retarded people buy quads, the kind of people that would tear up a golf corse or try to ride drunk. i understabd that this does nnot apply to most of the people hear that take their riding seriously. but those guys are out there