PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers for a 250ex

redexrider4290
01-30-2006, 04:17 PM
my birthday is coming up and i was thinking about asking for some wheel spacers i was goin to try and get +3 inch spacer(1.5inch on either side) but today i was talking to my freind and he said he had spacers on his old bike but he had +5 inch he said they were the best investment he put on it. but he said when he put the +5 s on the front he had to get new shocks . well i was thinking about putting +3 on the front so i hope i dont need new shocks and +5 on the back but i was wandering if anyone new is the back axle on a 250ex would hold them my freind said his bike did but he didnt jump realy i dont really jump either but me and my brother are thinking about making some jumps and i was wandering if anyone else had a 250ex with wheelspacers and if the axle will hold up i dont plan on getting probobly more than 4 or so feet off the ground so im wandering if i will have to get new shocks if i put +3 on the front and if the axle will hold up good if i put +5 on the back.

thank you guys for any info please respond quick if you can my birthday is at the end of the week

thanks for all the info you guys gave me before im really happy with my HMF

drifterx
01-30-2006, 04:23 PM
You get the biggest sentence award! :p

The spacers are 1.5 inch on one side, for the front, and 2.5 on the back. You will be fine with the stock shocks, i don't see why he needed them. I have them on the front my 300 and they are ok for what i do (i'm definatelly not keeping them), but they aren't the best way to widen your 250. I think durable makes an extended axle, and hermann makes +2 a-arms. I'd pick those up with some works front shocks (you'd need new shocks for the a-arms), and you'd have a great setup. If you're staying on the ground most of the time, you'd be fine with the spacers, but if you get big air, the axle could break, and tie rods could bend easy.

redexrider4290
01-30-2006, 04:49 PM
i don;t really jump that much so you think that +3 in the front and +5 in the back would work pretty good and there is no way i have the money for shocks and a-arms would this make me a good bit more stable?

drifterx
01-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Ya, it would make it quite a bit more stable, just try not to slide into any big rocks, jump really high, or hit anything, and you should be fine... ;)

Killer250EX
01-31-2006, 07:23 PM
if you want the fornt wider u can flip the front wheels around but the stem will hit the brake caliper, if u take the cap of the stem and put 2 washer on each stud if wont rub any more. If u want u can take it a shop and the can turn the stem inside out for like 50 bucks(what my local shop did to thiers and offered to do to mine for 50)