PDA

View Full Version : offset truck rims

standardryder
01-30-2006, 02:04 PM
hey, i was lookin to put some bigger tires on my ranger, but right now the stockers make my truck look really thin. i was wonderin if there is offset rims for trucks that make the tires stick out more. or if its all in the tire itself. i do plan on getting rims to. but in other words, make it look like this...

standardryder
01-30-2006, 02:06 PM
instead of this...

underpowered
01-30-2006, 02:18 PM
yout stock wheels are probably like a 7" wheel. even a set of aftermarket 8" wheels will give you a wider look. Those look like they have very little offeser. if you get a wider offset wheel it will be wider and make the tires stick out. I have 33x12.50-15 tires on my truck with 8" wheels and they stick out some. i have about 3.75" backspacing so mine mount an about the center of the wheel. the only thing with going to a wider wheel is it will cause your wheel bearings and ball joints to wear quicker due to the extra stress from the greater leverage put on them. here is what my GMC look like, they stick out by about 1-2"

derekhonda
01-30-2006, 02:29 PM
offset = cheap & agressive look

standardryder
01-30-2006, 02:48 PM
so would i be able to get stock offset rims but wider tires and still get that look?

Butters
01-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by standardryder
so would i be able to get stock offset rims but wider tires and still get that look?

why would you want to get stock looking wheels.

TCracin440ex
01-30-2006, 02:58 PM
i got 15x10s on my truck i think they are 3.75'' back spacing not sure....

the only thing bout offsets is its a bytch trying to keep your ride clean after it rains...or when it rains...the filthy road grime and such slings all up and down the side of your vehicle...other then that i love the offsets...its pretty bad *** imo watching your rooster tails flying up over your vehicle when your mudding or cruising down the raod

standardryder
01-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Butters
why would you want to get stock looking wheels.

i dont want stock looking wheels. i was asking if a rim with stock offset would be able to get the same look as offset rims if i put wider tires on them.

underpowered
01-30-2006, 03:03 PM
no you wont get the same look with stock wheels. plus have you ever tried to put a really wide tire on a skinny wheel? does not work too well, plus it look really goofy. rule of thumb for wheels is within about 2" either way from tire width. my 8" wheels are a little skinny for my 12.5" tires but still works well. any wider of a tire iwould need a wider wheel. theabout the widest i would go on a stock wheel is a 10.50"

standardryder
01-30-2006, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TCracin440ex
[B]i got 15x10s on my truck i think they are 3.75'' back spacing not sure....

im not sure what the backspacing is. is that the offset?

underpowered
01-30-2006, 03:07 PM
backspacing is the distance from the back of teh wheel to where it mounts on the hub.

standardryder
01-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
backspacing is the distance from the back of teh wheel to where it mounts on the hub.

oooh ok. so if i got the right backspacing i could get a wider wheel and the tire wouldnt rub on anything if its the stock hight? but i dont plan on going with stock height. i think my stockers are 30" i might go with 32", depending if i have to do a body lift or not.