PDA

View Full Version : 450R Jetting

poorwytboy
01-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Jetting question: 04 450R

Currently my 450R has a 13:1 piston, K&N with the lid off, port and polish, HRC cam, use 114 octane gas, and an FMF Factory 4 with the Powerbomb head pipe. In my last race the head pipe broke so I will be sending it to FMF to get it fixed. I have an opportunity to go ride this weekend, but I will be without the FMF. I still have the stock pipe and am wondering if I put it back on what jetting I should probably run keeping in mind I have all the other mods. I am at about 500 feet elevation, and I also know that your suggestions are just that, and I will have to experiment with it to get it right. I am just looking for a starting point.
Thanks!

Tlongs400
01-30-2006, 02:00 PM
what were u running with the other exhaust?

poorwytboy
01-30-2006, 04:55 PM
I actually don't know, I bought it as is. I haven't had to rejet it yet.

White7
01-30-2006, 05:20 PM
If im reading this right,you pulled the FMF and your putting the stock pipe back on for a little while?

If so just pull the baffle out of the stocker and you'll be close enough(I assume it was jetted right to start with),,Id guess you want to be around the 180-190 range

poorwytboy
01-30-2006, 07:39 PM
That's correct. I just shipped the FMF back to them today, I probably won't get it back til next week. In the mean time I have the opportunity to go practice this weekend for the upcoming race. I don't want to miss out so I will just put the stocker back on.
Thanks for the tip!