PDA

View Full Version : mx setups

xcracer416
01-30-2006, 11:33 AM
i know this thread prolly has been made several times, but im wanting to change my xc setup into a mx setup. i am willing to buy arms and swing arm if needed but i was wondering what everyone else runs on their 250rs for mx. pics would work wonders for me

rebelbanshee
01-30-2006, 02:53 PM
all you really need to be is wider and lower for MX. Get some +2 of +3 arms. Smaller MX tires/wheels. Revalve the shocks and youre good

xcracer416
01-30-2006, 03:31 PM
well ive all ready got a set of 18 inch rears, 20 inch fronts for local arenacrosses in the off season. ive already got a set of ohlins with rezzies that soak up 99% of the jumps ive done, and a revalved rear. if i get +2 a-arms and a +2 axle that would be all i pretty much need then. will my shocks still work with +2 a-arms?

hondardr4life
01-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Go with a +3 front end, and a +4 axle. What legnth is your swinger??? If it is stock legnth 88 or 89, then your good, or if it is a -1 86 or 87 your good also. Your front shocks will definetly need revalved, but I would just get rid of them, and when I got a arms, get pep ZPS or axis ZOS shocks valved for about 15 pounds over your actual weight (to account for riding gear, this is a common mistake by most people). Then get get your stock revalve rear revalved again as a ZPS just to freshen it. Thats about it, do that, and you will have a bad*ss MX quad.