PDA

View Full Version : Shock Setup

rooster300ex
01-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Works Shocks w/o rezzies are set up for your quad,weight,a-arms etc. I have Diamond J Customs shock relocater, +1+2 a-arms. anyways with this setup it makes the 400ex shocks not as angled like most shocks, so it gives it more leverage on the shock, when i order these works shocks should i put that i have +3 wider a-arms to make up for that or just add some extra rider weight, or should i get them for Std. because i'm close to 400ex stock width i think. I will be ordering for 400ex for the relocater, even though i have a 300ex, yall get the idea i bet.

TRX23rider
01-30-2006, 04:22 PM
i would just call them and tell them the exact setup that you have and see if they can help you out.

01-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
Works Shocks w/o rezzies are set up for your quad,weight,a-arms etc. I have Diamond J Customs shock relocater, +1+2 a-arms. anyways with this setup it makes the 400ex shocks not as angled like most shocks, so it gives it more leverage on the shock, when i order these works shocks should i put that i have +3 wider a-arms to make up for that or just add some extra rider weight, or should i get them for Std. because i'm close to 400ex stock width i think. I will be ordering for 400ex for the relocater, even though i have a 300ex, yall get the idea i bet.

u would want 400ex length shocks valved and sprung for 300ex weight, if i was you, i would talk to laz from gt thunder and see what kind of setup he can offer you to work with that

rooster300ex
01-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Alright i'll check into that. I just don't want to buy 400 dollar shocks and not be happy with the way they perform.

Rip_Tear
01-31-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
Alright i'll check into that. I just don't want to buy 400 dollar shocks and not be happy with the way they perform.

You might be doing that with Works shocks from what I've been reading lately. They'll be better then stock that's for sure.