PDA

View Full Version : Stalling Problem

RetroZ
01-30-2006, 10:32 AM
When riding/racing my R seems to want to stall. It happens when I go from basically no throttle to full throttle quickly. I noticed when I go down a hill and want to hit the throttle at the bottom to go up the other side it just dies. Jetting seems to be good. This is the only problem I'm having. It can make for a long XC race in the mud! What is the best solution. Thanks.

atvdude
01-30-2006, 10:51 AM
sounds like you need a rekluse clutch. I am going to get one also to keep from stalling in harescrambles.

RetroZ
01-30-2006, 10:54 AM
I've already got one. It has to be something in the carb.

Lil90man!!
01-30-2006, 11:05 AM
What all do you have done to your bike, and what jetting are you using, my bike did this too from the factory, i cut a hole in the airbox, removed the baffle from the muffler, went to a 48 pilot, 55 leak jet, 3 turns out, 162 main, and an 06 crf needle 4th clip down, and turned the ap in 1 full turn, and it completley dissapeard, i'm not exactly sure what change fixed the hesitation, but i would guess go to the 55 leak jet and adjust the accelerator pump and it should go away

Rich250RRacer
01-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by RetroZ
When riding/racing my R seems to want to stall. It happens when I go from basically no throttle to full throttle quickly. I noticed when I go down a hill and want to hit the throttle at the bottom to go up the other side it just dies. Jetting seems to be good. This is the only problem I'm having. It can make for a long XC race in the mud! What is the best solution. Thanks.

Mine did the same thing, and the jetting was almost dead-on. I bumped the idle up a little bit and that made it much better. It will still do it from time to time, but no where near as bad as it was. Maybe when I get the heavy flywheel in there it will go away for good.

quad9
01-30-2006, 02:35 PM
yup turn the idle up a pinch

trailtech
01-30-2006, 10:47 PM
If your racing cross country, try a flywheel. Not only will it correct your stalling problem but it will make you smoother (= faster) in technical sections. If it does not work, call me and I will give you your money back and pay shipping to return it.

Geoff@trailtech.net
360-687-4530