PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Pen Gap EXriders Ride 9/13-9/15

Razorback
07-11-2002, 09:00 AM
Alright guys, let's get planning started for a trip to Wolf Pen Gap in Mena, Ark. This shouldn't be too bad of a drive from anywhere in Arkansas, parts of Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, Louisiana, Kansas, Mississippi, or western Tennessee.

The dates are Sept. 13-15 (or the 14th if you can't make it on Friday). Me and my buddies are planning on renting small cabins, but there are tent sites available as well for those that want to camp. Some of you can probably just drive there for the day if you want. There's over 70 miles of trails open now, with different trails marked from easy to extreme, so any skill level rider will have good areas to ride.

Here are a couple of links for the area:

http://www.arkansas-adventures.com/wolfpen/
http://www.wolfpenatv.com/

Let me know if you're interested in coming. I'd like to get an idea of how many people will be there. Let's get a big group of EXriders there!

Scott

Razorback
07-11-2002, 09:16 AM
here is a map of the trails...

86atc250r
07-11-2002, 09:31 AM
Unless something comes up, I should be able to make it for Saturday - and maybe longer...

tryken
07-11-2002, 12:12 PM
I will check with my brother-in-law and see when we are planning to go to Little Sahara. If it is not that weekend I will probably be there with at least one or two buddies.

07-11-2002, 05:39 PM
Hey razor,

Shoot me an email with your phone number so I can call you and keep in touch better with you rather than checking this board all the time.

I want to go to wolf with you and funny, cause i just had the park mail me a bunch of brochere information on the place so im ready to go, count me in.

email me at:
laslavens@charter.net

TravEX
07-11-2002, 07:56 PM
i'll plan on it,,,are their any guys in northeast AR, southeast MO, or western TN that wanna meet up and make the trip down there?,,,later

redrider ex
07-11-2002, 08:23 PM
I"LL be there and i will have 1or2 buddys with me . mrtunes where are you coming from ? you might want to come down to gurdon and then follow me if you don't know the way, it might be easyer for you.

TravEX
07-11-2002, 08:25 PM
ok, thanks,,,i'm coming from Walnut Ridge, up by Jonesboro,,,later

Trav

07-11-2002, 10:09 PM
Since im the one that started the whole riders in arkansas im going to be there. I asked my dad and we'll probably be there if something big doesn't come up. We'll camp if we stay over night if not well probably come down on the 14th (saturday). Thanks razorback for gettin this started i'm really looking forward to it!! :devil

Razorback
07-12-2002, 07:46 AM
No problem. This should be a good time. I've heard the riding at WPG is really good. Should be about a 2.5-3 hour trip for you guys coming from BV. Looks like we've already got a pretty good group ready to go, and I'll bet we get some more.

07-12-2002, 10:40 AM
what knid of fourwheelers you guys bringin down. I got my 300ex. And my dad will bring his kawasaki bayou 300 4x4. (incase someone gets stuck) lol. Hope to see all of you guys there.

Joey

:devil

Razorback
07-12-2002, 10:50 AM
my group will have 3 400ex's and a polaris 4x4 explorer.

07-12-2002, 10:57 AM
Ill be on a 2002- 300ex

TravEX
07-14-2002, 06:53 AM
what type of riding, wood trails? sand/gravel?

do we need flags? (that may be a stupid Q, but anyway)

Razorback
07-14-2002, 06:50 PM
i haven't been there yet, so maybe someone who has can comment better, but it's mostly woods and trails. i'm pretty sure they have some open areas. i don't think they have any sand or gravel pits. i'm pretty positive you don't need a flag. hope you get to come on the trip...

tryken
07-14-2002, 08:11 PM
I just did some checking on their website and didn't see anything about flags. It does mention that you might want to bring your own drinking water b/c their water tastes bad. Also it is a dry county so you might want to bring your own spirits for the end of the day when all the riding is done. I didn't see any limits on riding after dark either.

TravEX
07-17-2002, 08:41 PM
k

07-17-2002, 09:21 PM
Sounds Good. Hope Everyone can make it!

Joey

TravEX
07-21-2002, 07:32 AM
has anyone got prices on the cabins?

TravEX
07-21-2002, 07:41 AM
ok,,,hehe, i just looked on the websites,,,i'll go in on the one of the cabins with the kitchenette, it sleeps 5 i think, and has running water,,,$60 and a 2 night minimum

Razorback
07-29-2002, 08:10 AM
bump.

just wanted to get this thread visible again for those who might be able to go.

Chris400extreme
07-29-2002, 08:37 PM
i am in bentonville and was wondering if anyone around here know how to get there or even just wants to ride sometime. i am new to the area and am looking to find some ridiung for the new four stroke tech 500 ex. i want to get to wolf pen gap. hopefully it is wide enough for me to ride comfortably. email me or hit me up on this sit with a PM BIGBADC210@aol.com

Thanks everyone.
chris

eldoexrider01
07-29-2002, 08:47 PM
count me in. im from eldorado, ar. i will prolly me comin up wit redrider ex. ima camp out but ima be ridin the whole time

Razorback
07-29-2002, 08:56 PM
chris - 93 300ex (see above posts) lives in bella vista. you can search this "where to ride" forum for arkansas and get good info for riding areas near you. i used to live/work in bentonville. hope you get to come to wpg.

eldoexrider01 - great! look forward to seeing you there. sounds like we're getting a pretty good crew going.

tryken
07-31-2002, 03:52 PM
Not sure if I am going to be able to make it now. That is the same weekend for Roostfest at Little Sahara so I will prolly be headed that way though. I will keep you posted.

TravEX
08-02-2002, 04:57 PM
Razor, i hope that you are ok, i heard you took a spill recently,,,i'm still planning to go, but one of our Therapists is pregnant and is due in the middle of Sept, and i have to cover her maternity leave, so hopefully the baby will hold out till after the ride:p :blah :D ,,,later, Trav

Razorback
08-02-2002, 05:52 PM
thanks, mrtunes. i'm sure i'll be better soon. i'm in pretty bad shape right now, though. that is a bad pickle you're in :D see if you can send some secret messages to the baby-to-be to hold out until after the trip :devil j/k. hopefully it will work out ok.

TravEX
08-02-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by RazorbackEXRider
see if you can send some secret messages to the baby-to-be to hold out until after the trip :devil j/k. hopefully it will work out ok.

LOL,,,"Stay in there, where it's nice and warm"

i read your replys in the open forum,,,glad to hear your ok, just bruised and swollen,,,so this happened on your last day of PT on your shoulder, man, that sucks,,,did you have a rotator cuff repair? or what?, I'm a Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant, and i've seen my share of sports injuries, hope the rehab went well, and rest up for a while and take Rico's advice on gettting the trail tires out, hehe,,,later, Trav

TravEX
08-07-2002, 06:09 AM
bump

Razorback
08-07-2002, 07:28 AM
on my shoulder, i didn't tear my rotator cuff, but i did stretch and bruise all 4 of the major rotator muscles. i don't know what they're called, but the very lower muscle down and to the right from the shoulder blade was the worst. the therapist said he thought it got pulled from the bone, although not completely torn. i don't know much about it, but it hurt like crap, and still does a little but i'm mostly over that injury.

now, my new injuries are getting better. my eyes are still black, but most of the swelling is gone, but the inside of my mouth is starting to heal so it's hurting bad, even with the "lorcet" pain killers. it's kinda funny, but now i've got yellow patches where the deep/bone bruises are coming through the skin. i'm really tired of this :( hopefully, no more bad crashes for a long, long time.

tryken
08-08-2002, 08:55 PM
Are you going to have to have surgery? My dad had shoulder surgery in April and his injury sounded a lot like yours, not rotator cuff but just about everything else. He was just able to start playing golf again last week. I hope you dont have to get cut on, good luck.

eldoexrider01
08-18-2002, 06:57 PM
yall gonna let a z400 ride also??? hahah my friend traded his 300ex for a z i was jus wonderin??? i dont blame him for wantin more power but he needs to put some honda stickers on it!!!!!

Razorback
08-19-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by tryken
Are you going to have to have surgery? My dad had shoulder surgery in April and his injury sounded a lot like yours, not rotator cuff but just about everything else. He was just able to start playing golf again last week. I hope you dont have to get cut on, good luck.

no, not yet anyway. i'm still sore, so the muscle is still healing, but it's doing well. i've had enough surgeries in my life and i really don't want to go through another one...

Razorback
08-19-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by eldoexrider01
yall gonna let a z400 ride also??? hahah my friend traded his 300ex for a z i was jus wonderin??? i dont blame him for wantin more power but he needs to put some honda stickers on it!!!!!

ha ha. yeah, i guess so :D

but seriously, i don't care what you ride as long as you ride something. he may have to let us try it out though :devil

TravEX
08-20-2002, 08:42 PM
bump

Razorback
09-02-2002, 06:08 PM
wanted to bump this back up. we're less than 2 weeks away now. check in again and let me know if you're still planning on going...

eldoexrider01
09-02-2002, 06:22 PM
i am going and i am bringin my friend on the z400 ( he cant handle the honda power yet!! haha j/k). and we are going to meet [redrider ex] bronson, and go from his house to mena. so thats 3

TravEX
09-02-2002, 08:16 PM
i'm gonna do my best to come down,,,are ya'll gonna get there friday morning? mid afternoon?,,,later, Trav

Razorback
09-03-2002, 06:48 AM
eldoexrider01 - cool. look forward to meeting ya'll there.

mrtunes - i'm hoping to get there early afternoon, i'd say between 12:00 and 3:00 on friday. what's the prognosis of you being able to make it?

TravEX
09-03-2002, 04:05 PM
i would say 'good', 1 of the therapists is having a C section this monday and the other is day to day, i may have to work till lunch on that friday and it's at least a 5 hour trip for me, so it might be 6 or 7 that evening,,,do ya'll plan to ride that night?, is everyone just camping with tents? if so i have a brand new 2 room cabin tent that's never been out of the box that i'll bring,,,later, Trav

Razorback
09-03-2002, 05:37 PM
i know my buddies will be doing some night riding. don't know about eldoexrider01 and his crew. i can't because i don't have lights anymore :D one of my buddies will be in a tent, but me and another are renting a cabin. i don't have a tent and don't want to sleep in my truck again :D i really hope you get to make it. give me an update next week when you know more. later...

scott

TravEX
09-03-2002, 06:45 PM
k,,,do you think that there is any need to reserve a camping spot for a tent?,,,

09-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Im really mad!! i can't make the trip because im rebuilding my engine. Im sorry guys. Razorback will you take some pics for me. I would really like that. Ill get some pics of my new engine too (if i ever get a camera).

Thanks,
Joey

Razorback
09-04-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by mrtunes
k,,,do you think that there is any need to reserve a camping spot for a tent?,,,

i'm sure there are plenty of tent spots. probably no need to reserve, but you could call just to be safe and ask. i reserved my cabin a couple of weeks ago and nobody else had reserved a cabin yet, so i'm not sure that people reserve things very early this time of the year...

93 300ex - aw man, that bites. we'll definitely get some pics. hopefully we'll get a good report on that place and make it back later. i know there are some people who can't make it who will want to go there later. get some pics of that motor...

redrider ex
09-04-2002, 10:04 AM
I've been to wolf pen about ten times there are three trail heads to unload at two of them are free and one is by the camp ground and it cost $5.00 if your not staying at the camp ground the cabins are $30.00 $40.00 and $50.00 and they have a small store there but they don't sell gas . The trails are in the national forrest and what we do is we drive over to hwy 375 and go down that hwy for about 4 miles and on your left there is a big sign that says wolf pen gap , you can unload there or you can drive on down and the road turns to a trail but its wide and just drive untill you find a place to camp ,there are some places that have red fence put up and you can't camp in these spots and it has signs that say no camping but you will see signs with a tent on them and you can camp there . We allways camp by the third creek you cross it has a big rock in the water that we jump off and swim , just don't ride in the creek bed it's $150.00 fine and yes there is law inforcment riding around in a jeep but he's cool and yes we ride at night and if you like to jump there are about a million jumps they are all down the trails and trail 03b will wear you out solid jumps the whole way let me know if you need more info.

Chris400extreme
09-04-2002, 05:43 PM
well i am going to try and be there since i am not going to dunefest at little sahara. i will be bringing for sure abother 400ex, and probably a quadmaster, if not it will be a polaris 250 4x4, and possibly a raptor. can't wait bring out the 500ex and do a little trail riding that weekend. hopw to see you all there. is there any rule for spark arrestors or anything? just wondering cause that could cause me not to make it. pm me or soemthing if you know about it.

TravEX
09-04-2002, 05:55 PM
redrider ex- i'll just stay in the park at one of the tent sites with electricity,,,

i'm going to be able to make it after all, i'm working this sunday and taking off friday the 13th (anyone superstitious???!!!:blah ),,,i'll plan to be there mid afternoon,,,

TravEX
09-04-2002, 06:01 PM
razorback- do you still want my WB rev box? i've still got it,,,

Razorback
09-04-2002, 06:11 PM
Chris400extreme - hey, glad to hear you might make it. i haven't heard anything about spark arrestors there and didn't notice anything on the website. i would say just chance it. i think they're more worried about people getting off the trails, personally.

mrtunes - that great news about being able to make it! yeah, bring the rev box. i do want it.

TravEX
09-04-2002, 06:23 PM
k, i'll bring it

do we need to trade cell #'s to make sure everyone makes it that day? PM them if ya do

does anyone wanna meet at Hot Springs on friday and go from there?

redrider ex
09-04-2002, 06:45 PM
we have the HMF pipes and don't have spark arresters and the forrest ranger has never said any thing

Razorback
09-04-2002, 07:14 PM
k, i'll bring it

do we need to trade cell #'s to make sure everyone makes it that day? PM them if ya do

does anyone wanna meet at Hot Springs on friday and go from there?

yeah, we should. i'm sending you a pm...others are welcome to do the same...i'll post a pic of my truck and trailer in a couple of days so you guys can find me. other should do that also or at least tell us what you'll be driving...

redrider - thanks for the info...

TravEX
09-04-2002, 07:44 PM
here's a pic of my truck, 93 GMC,,,it's a brighter red than the pic shows, hehe,,,#8 Jr license plate on the front,,,

eldoexrider01
09-05-2002, 09:07 PM
i dont have a pic. but i will have a reg cab white ford ranger with a white trailer and a yellow 400ex. ( u cant miss it)!!!!! if ya want my cell jus pm me

eldoexrider01
09-08-2002, 08:42 PM
can we get a head count????? i know me and my friend are goin and bronson will be there. also travis and razorbackexrider will be there so that five who else????

Razorback
09-08-2002, 08:48 PM
i will have 2 additional with me.

TravEX
09-09-2002, 05:40 AM
scott, do you know which cabin you have, so we can all get tent sites and camp sites near ya,,,and does anyone know how far it will be to a McD's or BK or something, i've never been to Mena,,,later, Trav

TravEX
09-09-2002, 05:44 AM
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USAR0376?x=6&whatprefs=&y=10

Razorback
09-09-2002, 06:46 AM
scott, do you know which cabin you have, so we can all get tent sites and camp sites near ya,,,and does anyone know how far it will be to a McD's or BK or something, i've never been to Mena,,,later, Trav

i think there's only a couple of buddy cabins, so when you get there, either find me, or if i'm not there yet, ask the people there where the buddy cabins are.

i haven't been there yet, but from the maps, it would be appear to be only about 10 minutes or so from highway 71 where all the fast food places are. i'm familiar with going through mena, but i've never gotten off the beaten path. eldoexrider has been there, so he can probably answer better...

redrider ex
09-09-2002, 08:23 AM
its not far from Mc d and wendys and there are some more

Razorback
09-09-2002, 04:37 PM
here is somewhat a pic of my truck and trailer, although it's hard to see. grey 4x4 silverado with red trailer...

Chris400extreme
09-09-2002, 07:23 PM
i am gonna be there with four other people for sure and maybe six others. probbaly be there aroun 8 friday night cause we all have to work friday. caint wait hope to get some good riding in this weekend. PM ME WITH A CELL PHONE NUMBER IF YOU WANT THEN I WILL PM YOU BACK

eldoexrider01
09-09-2002, 08:02 PM
what time will everyone be getting there friday???? i was thinking about asking off if people were gonna be there early but if not it wont be worth the hassle wit the bosshahah if ya dont have a time just bout an estimated time
thanks

redrider ex
09-09-2002, 08:38 PM
I will get there about 4 or 5 .:D

Razorback
09-09-2002, 09:21 PM
i'm going to be there early afternoon and try to scope the place out a little.

TravEX
09-10-2002, 06:08 AM
i'll be there early afternoon, probably about 2, and i gotta pitch my tent (no pun intended, hehe) and get settled,,,

Razorback
09-10-2002, 06:50 AM
i'll help you unload your truck, but i ain't helping you pitch your tent :o

redrider ex
09-10-2002, 10:18 AM
I can get there earler than 4or5 im camping down on the trails by the creak after i get there and get settled i will ride over to the camp ground and find you i will be on a Nac's red 400ex.:cool:

TravEX
09-10-2002, 10:36 AM
i'll help you unload your truck, but i ain't helping you pitch your tent :o

LOL:D

Razorback
09-10-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by redrider ex
I can get there earler than 4or5 im camping down on the trails by the creak after i get there and get settled i will ride over to the camp ground and find you i will be on a Nac's red 400ex.:cool:

cool. i'm going to print out this thread before i leave so i can remember everything. i know my buddies will want to do some night riding. i don't have any lights, so i plan on getting by the camp fire and popping some silver topped beverages :D started packing last night and put my stinkin' skid plate back on. how bad are the rocks there? i've got a full body skid, but i don't want to put it on unless i have to.

09-10-2002, 11:16 AM
Get lots O pics guys..:D

redrider ex
09-10-2002, 12:20 PM
The only bad spots with rocks are up on the top of the mountain but every where else is ok , and yes i will be doing some night riding as well . and razrback i have some single beam lights i could bring that will bolt down where your front bumper bolts on if you want to use them let me know.

Razorback
09-10-2002, 12:38 PM
oh, we'll get lots o pics, rico. may need for evidence :D

redrider - don't bring them on my account. i'm not much of a night rider anyways, but if you do bring them i might use 'em or someone else may want to. thanks for the offer...

TravEX
09-10-2002, 02:05 PM

so i plan on getting by the camp fire and popping some silver topped beverages :D

hehe,,,12 oz bicep curls are the best thing for rehabing a shoulder, lol,,,

yeah Rico i just went and bought a few rolls of film for some pics, and i hope we can get a group pic to send in to some mags, and give exriders.com a plug,,,

redrider ex
09-10-2002, 05:55 PM
I've been working on my bike all day cleaning and lubing every thing and she's ready to go I can't wait to get on trail 03b its got jump after jump . Rico you should drive down and join us , its not that far . mrtunes and razrback have either of you ever riden in magnot cove near malvern at a place called (Bariod) its a old mining site its the best maybe we could get together and ride there later on i went there sunday and climbed hills most of the day , there was a guy there on a new z400 but i don't think he had been riding very long because he didn't try but 1 or 2 hills then he parked and watched me , any way on a sat or sunday there are about 1to 2 hundred people riding there and its a big place and theres crystal clear pools of water to swim in.

TravEX
09-10-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by redrider ex
mrtunes and razrback have either of you ever riden in magnot cove near malvern at a place called (Bariod)

no, i haven't but it sounds great, i've never ridden around that many before,,,,where in AR you coming from?,,,later, Trav

redrider ex
09-10-2002, 07:09 PM
I live 15 miles south of Arkadelphia .

eldoexrider01
09-10-2002, 07:16 PM
i am ridin up with my friend in his black ext cab f150 4x4 with a red trailer and my yellow 400 and his white z400.(jus to let everyone know) we reserved the last cabin they had so we will be leavin round 6 and gettin threre some time afterwards.

TravEX
09-11-2002, 05:55 AM
so, it looks like at least 12 riders this weekend, that's great, and i believe the weather is gonna be great too, cloudy and mid 80's,,,later, Trav

Tc
09-11-2002, 02:49 PM
Hey Grant, You probably dont know me yet, but ive known Ben for years. Me and Winters talked to him today and we are coming up either Friday (depending on if he gets off on time), or we'll come up Saturday Morning.

eldoexrider01
09-11-2002, 07:51 PM
thats cool. we will be there in his truck wit my trailer. lookin forward to seein ya there Tc

redrider ex
09-11-2002, 08:29 PM
is every one staying ?

eldoexrider01
09-11-2002, 08:37 PM
me and ben are stayin fri nite sat, sat nite and prolly gonna leave sometime sunday.

Razorback
09-11-2002, 08:51 PM
same for me. probably leave around 10 or 11 on sunday...

TravEX
09-11-2002, 08:54 PM
same here,,,why, you wanting to go to Malvern, hehe,,,

redrider ex
09-12-2002, 09:38 AM
if every one was staying 1or2 nights.

redrider ex
09-12-2002, 10:03 AM
I am so ready to go , I've polished and cleaned my 400 to a inch of its life . I woke up at 2:30 this morning and went out to the shop just to see if there was any thing left to do to it.I guess i will clean on my 250x today since the 400 ready.:D

TravEX
09-12-2002, 10:10 AM
i can't wait either,,,i'm tempted to head down this evening!!!, hehe,,,i could probably be there by 8pm,,hehe,,,i've cleaned mine up to, and everytime i go outside i check the oil or the tire pressures or just anything to be doing something with it,,,,redrider, what time will you be there on Friday?,,,,sorry for the rambling,,,see ya'll tomorrow (unless anyone wants to go tonight!!!:blah ),,,Trav

redrider ex
09-12-2002, 11:11 AM
but my wife would probley be mad i was thinking about leaveing around 12:00 noon tomorow and i would be getting there around 1:45 or 2:00 its 86 miles from my house . Im fixing to go to walmart and get some drinks and food and i will have every thing.
Be back later. Bronson:D

TravEX
09-12-2002, 11:20 AM
i'll be there by 2 tomorrow also,,,later

Tc
09-12-2002, 11:22 AM
Man I wish we could get there that early, will be there about 12:30 or so. Winters doesnt get off until like 10 and were about 3 hours away. Im ready to go.

Razorback
09-12-2002, 06:26 PM
alright everybody, i'm just about packed and ready. will see you guys tomorrow sometime. those who are camping out away from the cabins, be sure and check with me at the buddy cabins so we can all hook up. later...

TravEX
09-12-2002, 06:33 PM
k,,,,i'll probably not be able to sleep and will leave here about 6, might be there by noon,,,i guess i'll tell them that i want as close to the buddy tents as possible,,,,,how big is this place (the camping area),,,is it in the mountains?,,,see ya'll tomorrow

redrider ex
09-12-2002, 06:55 PM
the hole camp ground is about 1 to 2 acres and ive changed my mined instead of leaving at noon i think i will leave around 10 am
and i looked at the mena wheather and it said the lows are going to be in the low 60's highs low 80's perfect. all i have to do is put stuff in truck. How early are you leaveing Razarback?:D

Razorback
09-12-2002, 07:55 PM
i'm going to leave between 7:30 and 8:00. i should be there by 12:30 or 1:00 i think. i'm kinda guessing, but it takes me about 3:30 to get to dequeen and then another 45 minutes or so to mena. i can't wait. i'm really stoked. should be a lot of fun...

redrider ex
09-12-2002, 08:01 PM
when i get there around noon i will set up camp and then i will come to the campground and look for you and mrtunes

Razorback
09-12-2002, 08:04 PM
cool. see you guys tomorrow...

TravEX
09-12-2002, 08:08 PM
i'll leave at 6, and maybe get there by noon,,,i sent ya a PM redrider,,,,later,,Trav

redrider ex
09-12-2002, 08:17 PM
:D

eldoexrider01
09-12-2002, 08:24 PM
me and ben will be leaving around 6 and gettin there round 8 or 9. will be in a black 4x4 ext cab f150 wit a red trailer. white z400 and yellow 400ex

TravEX
09-13-2002, 04:21 AM
it's 5:15am on friday,,,i'm leaving at 6,,,i pray safe trip for everyone, and safety for this weekend,,,later

redrider ex
09-13-2002, 07:24 AM
see you there i'll be the one going fast haha.:D

redrider ex
09-15-2002, 11:00 AM
well every one the ride went great and we took lots of pitcures the guys will post them later , im the first to get home because i lived the closer to wolf pen . Good news no one got hurt .and a good time was had by all , we rode around 145 miles .

I would like to say that your a great bunch of guys and i had fun and lets do it again sometime.
Bronson P.S hope every one
makes it home safe.:D

Tc
09-15-2002, 12:48 PM
Hey, well me and Winters just made it in, had a great time this weekend. I hated we couldnt ride this morning. It was cool meeting all you guys and hope we can do it again sometime.

Later
Tc

TravEX
09-15-2002, 12:53 PM
i just made it in,,,great weekend,,,too tired to type anymore, hehe,,,later,,Trav

Razorback
09-15-2002, 05:52 PM
i finally got home and just finished unpacking and cleaning up. like you mrtunes, i'm pooped. just wanted to say i also had a great time. me and todd found the cave this morning. it was pretty cool. i didn't take the camera this morning, so i missed any pics, but i'll post what i have in the next day or two. i'm ready for a bud light and a soft couch. later...

ps. i also wanted to say you guys were a great bunch. thanks again for those who came and even brought other riders with you. we'll have to start planning WPG II...

eldoexrider01
09-15-2002, 06:27 PM
me and ben got back round 2 or 3 i forget hahah. but we made it back safe and i cant wait for the next ride. i am gonna try to post some pics soon. nothin but great guys what aride!!!!!

Chris400extreme
09-15-2002, 06:44 PM
well i had a great time. some of it was a little much for a few of my friends. i can do it all day, that is if i can keep from knocking holes in my rims. haha! cant wait to try it again. i will probvably just bring my hard core riders next time. it was great meeting you all. hey if it is Todd that live in B-ville, im me and we will have to go riding. or which ever one it was from Bentonville, cause i am trerrible iwht names. later tyou guys

TravEX
09-16-2002, 06:13 PM
hey chris, you mentioned this weekend that you had run your 500EX at a 1/4 mi track, what did you run? and what sprocket combos you running? were you tached out in 5th?

that 500EX sounded awesome, i wish we coulda had a place to really open em up and play around in a open field or something, i woulda let you borrow my rear tires to watch you roost on Scuba's Raptor, hehe, (don't tell him i said that, lol),,,later, Trav

Chris400extreme
09-16-2002, 07:33 PM
hey tune, i had a great time this weekend. i ran my bike at the 1/4 mile drag strip in Tulsa OK. i was running 74 mph in 16.04. that is with the 16 tooth front sprocket. it is all she wrote at half track though. i ran an 1/8th mile strip in 12.20 something at 71 mph so half track is all i need to get up to speed. i wish there was a more open area to ride also.. just so some of you caould have ridden it or just let me open it up some more. i was running that 16 tooth front sprocket in the woods up there also.. it pulls it really well and helps calm it down with the higher gear. stock rear sprocket by the way.

later man

TravEX
09-16-2002, 08:15 PM
i'm really surprised to hear 12.20 in the 1/8th? a guy on here posted this a while back (he said he works at a drag strip and these were stock quads),,,no offense meant, and i don't know that these times are really accurate,,,

Cannibal: 8.89sec
DS650: 8.98sec
Banshee: 9.19sec
Raptor: 9.28sec
400ex: 9.66sec
1/8th mile times,,,stock

did Scuba run his? what was his time?

later

Tc
09-16-2002, 08:31 PM
Yeah Chris I would have loved to ride that thing. Too bad there werent any real drag spots there to open it up.

Later
Tc

Chris400extreme
09-17-2002, 07:52 PM
i ran low 9's in 66o ft mark. that was a thousand ft by the way when i ran 12.00 sorry, looking at the wrong line on the timing slips. just to clear that up it was my fualt. 12's in a 1000ft, 9 in the 660 ft mark (1/8th mile)

Chris400extreme
09-17-2002, 07:55 PM
i hate to say the times that guy gave are pretty far off. i would love to see a stock 400 stay that close to me and love to see a stock banshee beat me that bad. my buddy was righ tbeside me and we were running the exact same times against his banshee. and it aint stock! so whoever gave those times needs to try it at the track. a stock banshee is not that fast, kinda like a stock 250r isnt that fast either. no offense to the bad *** banshees or R's.

TravEX
09-17-2002, 09:08 PM
ok, that seemed a little fast to me too,,,low 9's is good in the 1/8th, that is about equal to a new Ford Lightning i saw running in the 1/8th, hehe,,,later

eldoexrider01
09-18-2002, 11:05 AM
ATTENTION!!!!!!!!
me and ben were told that the riders that were camping with chris400extreme the that camping spot did not pay for their site!!!!! me and bens boss is good friends with the dude that owns it and wanted to know if we knew them. you guys that were there need to pay up and i was told that they were not welcome back to the campground (just those campers) this is not my doings or have any part in it. they dont know who it is at all i was just told to ask. so if by accident or purpose yall need to get together and someone needs to pay. if you need an address pm me for the mailing address. i will give it to you and not say names or try to get anyone in trouble. i just dont want us (as a group) to look bad. cuz atvs are looked down on already.

thanks
grant
eldoexrider01

redrider ex
09-18-2002, 01:38 PM
I sure hope these guys will pay up what they owe , because i don't want the exriders getting a bad name .:(

TravEX
09-18-2002, 06:16 PM
i hope they make it right

Chris400extreme
09-18-2002, 08:05 PM
he man send me the address and all along with how much it was and i will take care of it. email it ot me at BIGBADC210@aol.com and make sure the title of the e-mail is clear so i dont delete it, alright . appreciate it, sorry for the problem. thanks

eldoexrider01
09-18-2002, 08:28 PM
i will talk to terry (my boss who talked to the owner of the place) and see the amount owed and i will get the address for the place. ill email or post back tomorrow

TravEX
11-06-2006, 04:21 PM
I was just thinking of this trip, and dug up the thread. I'm wondering if any of the guys that went on the trip are still here. I know Scott, Bronson, and Grant have not been on in a while.

4 years later, and it was STILL a hell of a trip!

Travis