PDA

View Full Version : Best value in chain and sprockets

Wandell
01-30-2006, 08:42 AM
I need to replace the chain on my 400ex. I was changing to a smaller countershaft sprocket yesterday (the previous owner had a 16 tooth on it) and noticed the chain is shot. I'm gonna go ahead and replace the sprockets also. What is the best value? I notice the Primary Drive pieces from Rocky Mountain ATV are a good deal less than Renthal, DID, Sunstar, RK, etc. Are they any good? I want steel sprockets and an o-ring chain. I only do trail riding with my quad so I don't need the latest trick pieces, but I want something that will last.

PismoLocal
01-30-2006, 10:17 AM
i run primary drive sprockets and chain i have never had a problem but i change my sprockets and chain out once every 9 months just about

underpowered
01-30-2006, 11:32 AM
i run JT sprockets, great product as a decent price. but for the chain i did go all out. IMO, DID makes the best chains out there. i went with the DID ATV X-ring chain. had it for about a year now and have only adjusted it once. a little pricy, i think it was about $80-90 but it was worth it.

Wandell
01-31-2006, 08:53 AM
Thanks guys. Anyone else have an opinion?

jak1389
01-31-2006, 01:02 PM
o, if you want the best out there, and that will lost the longest look no further than sidewidnder sprokets. they are the best of the best, but you will be payign a prettty penny for them

400exc
01-31-2006, 05:08 PM
i just got sunstar front and back sprokets, and the stock chain, put them on about a week ago, working great so far