PDA

View Full Version : TC Racing 450R engine mods

MXQUAD294
01-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Has anybody had TC build their TRX450R motor? I have an '05 450R and its time to go into the motor. I used all TC stuff on my old 250X and it ripped, but I haven't seen much as far as his 450R motors go. Any feedback would be appreciated.

RedRacer44
01-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Hey is this Tim? Used to race TQRAs but has mysteriously dis-appeared? Haha.....I met you once at Honda of Stillwater for the Cooperland TQRA...my name is Chance, I'm one of Dan's riders. Where ya been?

MXQUAD294
01-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback Moto49X. That's the type of response I was looking for.

Chance, I'm still around. I didn't exactly budget the ASTRONOMICAL gas prices that kicked everybody squarely in the 'nads so thats why I fell off the face of the earth last year. But with my new budget (ie. higher credit card limit!!!!!), I should be more of a presence at the TQRA for '06.

RedRacer44
01-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Heh, I understand completely. I have a dodge diesel but hell, half the time I couldnt afford to put fuel in it to even take advantage of it to pull my trailer to races. Diesel prices arent too bad up here in Oklahoma now so hopefully I'll get to drive to more of the TQRAs instead of hitching rides with everyone....

This is going to be a great season for TQRA I think, with the new tracks and expanded schedule. What classes are ya gonna run?

Are you coming to Oak Hill for the national?

MXQUAD294
01-30-2006, 07:06 PM
No, I won't be at the Oak Hill National. I wish I could but it just ain't in the cards. Your right though, TQRA is going to be good this year. I'll probably run Open 4-stroke and after that class is over I'll probably go get schooled in the Pro-Am class too. Gotta get faster somehow and not going to the bathroom before moto's hasn't helped!!!!!!

660LE
01-31-2006, 06:35 AM
A guy i race wiht has a full tc motor. an that thing hauls ***. he pulls holeshots everytime.

MXQUAD294
01-31-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks 660LE thats the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Do you know what all that guy has had done by TC, ie port and polish, cam, exhaust, etc. and how much it cost?

Diedrich
01-31-2006, 11:26 PM
i havent had tom ever work on any of my motors but i would like to send it to him..i know i'll be purchasing one of his exhaust in the next month...i love the look and sound of them things..also almost everyone around here that races either runs a TC or curtis sparks exhaust so you know that gotta be pretty good