PDA

View Full Version : FMF Nationals

TRXman86
01-29-2006, 08:35 PM
i was wondering if anyone here runs any of these races and could ya help me out? i am wanting to run the FT race at Taylorville Illinois in June. does anyone know what i have to do to run it? i will have AMA card by then. i also know i will need to buy/borrow flat track tires. what else would it involve? i have ran MX there before so i am familar with basic rules of the track etc....

thanks

watts16
01-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Hey where are you located. Im about 1.3 hrs north from there. In Pekin,IL

TRXman86
01-30-2006, 07:22 PM
i am about 35-40 minutes north of Quincy on the Missouri side. ever heard of Kahoka MO or Keokuk Iowa? i am right by them.

watts16
01-30-2006, 07:35 PM
o ok I will be watching the race. You will most likley need kill switch and tires.

TRXman86
01-30-2006, 07:40 PM
yae i knew about kill switch. got to buy one for new quad before the MX starts. i am going to need some tires though for sure. i been looking to see if anyone has some i can borrow but not around here. there all a bunch of hard arses with stuff like that. see if i help them when they need it!!! but some would if they had an extra set. no need to waste money for one show.

One_Bad_400
02-06-2006, 03:19 PM
you will need tires, kill switch, nerf bars, sway-bar.

and dont get your hopes up about anyone letting you borrow some tires... these tires wear down about 1/4 or more every race...

TRXman86
02-07-2006, 12:25 AM
i kinda figured the tires. dont have a sway bar :( wish i did though. if i like doing this, ill probably make a change from MX to FT :D i have the quad set up for MX now, all i need really is a set of tires. kill switch, nerfs, all the rest of the good stuff i have. i may be able to have a buddy of mine make a custom sway bar for it. hes a fabricating fool when it comes to things like that!

One_Bad_400
02-17-2006, 05:00 PM
hey trust me... TT is one the biggest thrills ever! i changes from MX to TT this past year... i freakin love it... ballin into a sweeper at about 60-70mph hawlin some major arse is a thrill like no other... i think you'll love it... i still ride MX practicing.. but i'm not Racing MX till i can get some major sponsors