PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a scam or what

moto04racing
01-29-2006, 07:25 PM
heres the myspace messaging, me and my dad both think its a scam, lemme kno if you ever had n e thing like this before

message 1

Hello,
I am an bike-dealer base in base in United Kingdom, i am operating up to 3 outlet in europe, I always love to be dealing with an honest and open minded fellow to whom i can entrust with my all my business dealings, I saw your advertisement here on my space.com and i am using this forum to notify you my interest. i am willing to buy your{2004 TT-R125 Large Wheeled Dirtbike }. I will like if you can come up with the last selling price. i do pay with cashier check or money order for safety purpose.
Best Regards
N:B: kindly reply to my personal email.: ginocrown@yahoo.com
tel : +447031946658
N:B- kindly let me have your email adress and phonr number

message 2

ok thanks. apparently,I will instruct a client of mine who is indebted to me to send the payment to you immediately. He will be sending you a moneyorder/cashier check worth about 3850 dollars, which is the amount he owes me.
He was willing to have the moneyorder/check sent directly to me but since it is always very tedious and time consuming to have foreign checks cashed here, I preferred that it should be sent directly to you so as to save time.
As soon as you have the moneyorder/cashier check, you are to deduct your money from it and have the remaining funds forwarded to my shipper the same day the moneyorder check arrives so that he may leave for the pick up. Do note that, am entrusting you with my money and do hope you will not disappoint me as my agent will not come over for the pickup except he has funds in full, and do send the money to him via western union money transfer so that he may come on time. And again , do send your phone number that i can contact you anytime. let me have your email adress and contact details including your name and adress so that i can may a quick arrangement. try include your phone number as welll.

Regards,

last one

i dont have a calling card now but u can call me on my mobile. by the way thats the best way i can explain but i only need your honesty. i want to make things fast. thats why i am doing it that way, ones my client send the check then you can pay me shipper with the remaining fund from your end.ok?
please do note my email. reply immediately so that we can finallise everything

my dad was thinking that his "client" was gonna send me a money order but the money order would be no good, so i send him the rest along with the bike and i get nothing out of it, what a bunch of crap

derekhonda
01-29-2006, 07:28 PM
scam...duh...

good rule of thumb, come pick it up in person and bring cash. Thats the only way I will ever sell anything of mine.

fast_enough
01-29-2006, 07:28 PM
haha definetly a scam, especially when there talking about dealing through there client

TheFontMaster
01-29-2006, 07:38 PM
I only read the first sentence of each paragraph and I could tell it was a scam.

01-29-2006, 09:57 PM
they dont care about the quad or item...they just want you to cash there fake check and you think its real. then you send them that remainder money left over and you are out of that money. the bank contacts you a few weks later asking where the money is cuz the check was fake. YOU ARE LIABLE!

2004exrider
01-29-2006, 10:11 PM
That is the oldest scam in the book, its funny because it always involves someone from a different country, someone else owed them money so their sending you the whole check but want the remainder of it back, etc. etc. etc. I'd personally email him back and tell him to stfu, and that you've heard of this game before.

Jimmy

moto04racing
01-30-2006, 05:00 AM
isnt it funny that he wont reply now