PDA

View Full Version : Is the New Suzuki OVERRATED?

USAF Dirtboy
01-29-2006, 06:52 PM
I think the NEW Zuk is overrated...I know there are alot more out there except for me!

quad2xtreme
01-29-2006, 06:58 PM
I'll vote when I get to ride one or at least see one.

/jon

Ridin' Jesse
01-29-2006, 06:58 PM
I think they are a lil overrated. Most of it was just rumor though..not much of it was said by the company..just a bunch of kids telling what their friends think. It is gonna be a great quad though IMO.

01-29-2006, 07:03 PM
i think they are over rated, they are definently a nice quad though, but i believe they will be competitive with the R and YFZ, not a great deal faster or better like people seem to think though

nowukno
01-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme

/jon

Same here. :ermm: ^^^^^^^

USAF Dirtboy
01-29-2006, 07:04 PM
I was just saying that PPL are hyping this thing up like its the best thing in the Freakin world...And i will tell you this, Dirtwheels(those commie *******s) are gonna get paid off by Suzuki, and is gonna say that it is the BEST...just like they did with Yamaha this year...even with the 06 models SOMEHOW yamaha is still be the BEST...i dont understand it...GOD this felt good to get off my shoulders:grr:

Quad Boy 660r
01-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by nowukno
Same here. :ermm: ^^^^^^^

Me three

01-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by USAF Dirtboy
I was just saying that PPL are hyping this thing up like its the best thing in the Freakin world...And i will tell you this, Dirtwheels(those commie *******s) are gonna get paid off by Suzuki, and is gonna say that it is the BEST...just like they did with Yamaha this year...even with the 06 models SOMEHOW yamaha is still be the BEST...i dont understand it...GOD this felt good to get off my shoulders:grr:

"somehow it shows honda winning on our points scale, but we still feel the yamaha is the better bike"

lmao :p

01-29-2006, 07:09 PM
I have always been a Honda man, I have a 650r Motard. I passed up a killer deal on a 450r and put $$ down on a LTR450 instead. I think it will be a better bike than the Honda or Yamaha for MX, even after modifications. They need to step it up and offer MX ready quads off the floor, even if people customize and upgrade parts. I have yet to recieve mine or test ride one, but I believe the LTR will set the new benchmark for quad MX suspension and handling, Should haul balls too!! I was skeptical putting $$ down on a first year quad, especially fuel injected, but I think its the best bike for the $$$.

USAF Dirtboy
01-29-2006, 07:10 PM
as in "WE" u mean DIRTWHEELS Right?

GOD I HATE DIRTWHEELS!!!
BOYCOTT THEM!!!

01-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by ACEOUTDOOR
I have always been a Honda man, I have a 650r Motard. I passed up a killer deal on a 450r and put $$ down on a LTR450 instead. I think it will be a better bike than the Honda or Yamaha for MX, even after modifications. They need to step it up and offer MX ready quads off the floor, even if people customize and upgrade parts. I have yet to recieve mine or test ride one, but I believe the LTR will set the new benchmark for quad MX suspension and handling, Should haul balls too!! I was skeptical putting $$ down on a first year quad, especially fuel injected, but I think its the best bike for the $$$.

for mx id have to agree with you on that one, and i think the fuel injection will be fine, suzuki wouldnt release a half rate fuel system on a state of the art 450 setup, they definently did their R&D on this one

01-29-2006, 07:14 PM
as in "WE" u mean DIRTWHEELS Right?

yes

USAF Dirtboy
01-29-2006, 07:16 PM
HAHAHA!! that is funny:rolleyes:

01-29-2006, 07:17 PM
HAHAHA!! that is funny:rolleyes:

it was even funnier reading it in dirtwheels for the first time :p

USAF Dirtboy
01-29-2006, 07:19 PM
HAHAHA...this guy has jokes:D
MAN I HATE DIRTWHEELS...;)
Wait a Sec..i see u race a Honda...what gives?

tido450
01-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by ACEOUTDOOR

and plus suzui makes artctic cats i jection systems and they have been doing that for 13 years so i highly doubt it will be an issue

01-29-2006, 07:21 PM
HAHAHA...this guy has jokes:D
MAN I HATE DIRTWHEELS...;)
Wait a Sec..i see u race a Honda...what gives?

funny part is that it was actually in dirt wheels, in the 2006 450R vs 2006 YFZ, pretty funny i thought, might be worth buying just to read that part lol :p

z03n05
01-29-2006, 07:26 PM
How about putting this poll out when people have actually ridden the quad! You may get more accurate results:rolleyes:

USAF Dirtboy
01-29-2006, 07:28 PM
All i was saying that it is just getting hyped up...and exactly what u said...ppl should wait until its been ridden by the public before they start making assumptions...and oh yea....DIRTWHEELS SUCK!

4ABURN
01-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by tido450
and plus suzui makes artctic cats i jection systems and they have been doing that for 13 years so i highly doubt it will be an issue

MY 93 wildcat efi 700 still runs the same as it did the day I got it like a CHAMP.:D

I wouldn't trade my 06 trx for nothing but that ltr isgoing to be a goood quad for the TRACK,trail may be not so much.:)

Just my 2cents

Diedrich
01-29-2006, 07:35 PM
yea i think its over rated. for one thing its a suzuki and im not a fan of suzuki at all. my buddy has a Z and its junk. People say that the suspension is gonna be all great but if you race then your gonna switch it out anyways. I mean come on the stock suspension is gonna be no where as close as good as a set of elkas. Just like they say that the yfz's suspension is so much better then the R's. I think that it is in stock form but people buy these quads to race them and they're not gonna ride on stock. I think the suzuki will be as good as the honda and yami but it wont be any better. I wouldnt worry about it too much because there are too many yami and honda fans for many people to switch to suzuki

01-29-2006, 07:42 PM
It would cost Honda $100-200 extra for labor/materials to offer a MX 450r with +2 arms and axle, etc. There would only be 15-20 parts diffren from the standard 450r(woods). Otherwise the entire bike would be the same. They could be market specific and hit 2 birds with 1 stone. Why doesn't Honda do it? Because of thier lawyers and Honda managements enormous ARROGANCE that they are superior and no one except Yamaha will come close to thier market share. I sold bikes and have spoke with some suits at honda, let me tell you they are blindingly proud of themselves. Maybe when Hondas market share continues to fall they will wake up and make some changes before they drop their crown.

Quad Boy 660r
01-29-2006, 07:55 PM
I think the LTR will be a better MX machine and outrun a Honda or YFZ in a drag, but it wont be a good all around quad, which is important to me. I am kinda surprised that Yokley is racing it this year in GNCC.

01-29-2006, 08:00 PM
I dont think the suzuki will be wayyyy better then the TRX or YFZ. I think it will be a little faster, a little lower, a little more travel, a little wider...... making it a little better. Just enough i hope to push haonda and yamaha to new heights. For this year i think the LTR450 will be the best mx, recreational stock quad money can buy. Now next year will be another story.

Thump_It
01-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Who cares that the bike is hyped up. It should be. Zuki is making a step in the right direction to further advance this sport. Give it a year or two, Honda and Yamaha will have EFI. As for the suspension, it's going to be top notch for a stock bike. Not EVERYONE who races buys Elkas, AXIS and PEP's. Just because you have a Honda or Yamaha, don't dog on the Suzuki. Open your eyes and realize that this bike is a great step to the next level for Quads. USAF Dirtboy, please stop posting. We all realize you don't like Dirtwheels, and we realize they are bias. Get over it.

z03n05
01-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Thump_It
Who cares that the bike is hyped up. It should be. Zuki is making a step in the right direction to further advance this sport. Give it a year or two, Honda and Yamaha will have EFI. As for the suspension, it's going to be top notch for a stock bike. Not EVERYONE who races buys Elkas, AXIS and PEP's. Just because you have a Honda or Yamaha, don't dog on the Suzuki. Open your eyes and realize that this bike is a great step to the next level for Quads. USAF Dirtboy, please stop posting. We all realize you don't like Dirtwheels, and we realize they are bias. Get over it.

Perfectly stated! Couldn't agree more.

USAF Dirtboy
01-29-2006, 08:32 PM
OK illstop posting...just bcuz you said so;) ...lol

01-29-2006, 08:50 PM
I think Suzuki has stepped it up with just about every aspect of the LTR from the high tensile steel frame, to the fuel injection. I agree with Thump It, when Honda and Yamaha see how many LTR's are sold, they will have to step up to the plate in the next 2 years to be competitive. Whether you ride a 450r, YFZ, or LTR be thankfull we have so many great sport quads to choose from, with more on the horizon. For those of us adults on here just think back 10 years ago to 1996, your only choice off the showroom floor was basically a Banshee, not the MX machine of the century for sure. Most people left quad racing for dead, I'm glad it has come back with avengence and hope the factories never look back.

01-29-2006, 08:52 PM
It may turn out that the LTR is UNDERRATED.

ieatglue
01-29-2006, 09:34 PM
i agree with aceoutdoor. i don't think its overated because at least suzuki had the balls to step it up and make a machine that is mx ready off the showroom floor. i am a die hard honda guy and hopefully this will make honda and yamaha step it up too.

as far as the fuel injection goes, all the major bike companies have it on their sport bikes and i don't think it will be an issue at all.

Bad Brad777
01-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Lots of assumptions being made here. Regardless of whether it's over rated or under rated...you know what they say about assumptions, right?

popo
01-30-2006, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Bad Brad777
you know what they say about assumptions, right?

Yup....they aint worth the turd ya flushed down the tolilet.

popo
01-30-2006, 05:54 AM
I think the NEW Zuk is overrated...I know there are alot more out there except for me!

It's quite apparent your a Honda fan...

Starting a Suzuki bash fest in a Honda TRX450 fourm.

USAF Dirtboy
01-30-2006, 02:30 PM
I had to where else would I have this "BASH FEST" at...the LTR450 section?:p

mxquadracer
01-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Suzuki is leading the way for industry innovations, kudos to them. There's no reason to get your panties in a bunch because someone else put out adequate competition. Instead, take the time you used *****ing to write a letter to your honda representative claiming interest in fuel injection. May actually get you somewhere :p

(This coming from someone who has ridden Honda for 10 years)

goldrims04
01-30-2006, 04:21 PM
i think it looks sweet i think it is a nice bike for the track not the woods i like it better than yammi

blakefoote
01-30-2006, 05:41 PM

/jon

same here....:ermm:

QCquad83
01-30-2006, 07:34 PM
i think it's overrated. all of the suzuki fans talked about how it's going to be so awsome stock (which it will be) but they were saying how gust and jones were going to be racing them stock all year and how nothing could touch it stock. well i think it's going to be an awsome machine but now my buddies that race zuk's now are talking about ordering susupension and stuff for it to i think it's not going to be as good as they say .....o yea didn't the fram snap in half?

PADZZ
01-30-2006, 07:45 PM
That's the quad I'd buy right now if I was buying a new quad.
Don't let brand loyaly blind you....

xx3003xrdrxx
01-30-2006, 07:50 PM
The suzuki is gonna pull the holeshot off the line ALOT this year in all the mx races. That efi is not gonna miss a beat and pulls hard from top to bottom. IM a die hard honda guy and Im just saying that that z450 is gonna be awfull hard to beat off the line.:ermm:

01-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by QCquad83
.....o yea didn't the fram snap in half?

I seriously doubt it will have frame problems, its made of high tensile not mild steel. I had a Dr650SE with that semi perimeter high tensile frame, and it was stout and ridid, one of the strongest bike frames I have seen.

twisted threads
01-30-2006, 08:24 PM
I think that the Suzuki is going to be a good bike but I don't think its going to be much better than the Honda or Yami if it is at all. The artical in DW made me a little mad when it said that Doug Gust was lineing up against the Honda and beatting everytime.........DUH! It Doug Gust!!! He could pull a hole shot on a 400ex over the other racer. Any ways thats my $.02

One_Bad_400
01-30-2006, 09:36 PM
everything is over rated b4 it comes out... so just shut your trap and lets just be patant and ait for it to come out and we'll see

eganracing
01-30-2006, 10:57 PM
i know some of u think honda and yamaha should step it up and make a full race machine or mx machine right off the show room floor but one thing keeps on poping into my mind. didnt cannondale attempt that? and didnt they fail? didnt it have the wide racing stance, suspension, and full injection? well i think the suzuki will be better than honda and yamaha rite out of the box i think ounce they all get modified it will be pretty darn close.

Thump_It
01-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by eganracing
i know some of u think honda and yamaha should step it up and make a full race machine or mx machine right off the show room floor but one thing keeps on poping into my mind. didnt cannondale attempt that? and didnt they fail? didnt it have the wide racing stance, suspension, and full injection? well i think the suzuki will be better than honda and yamaha rite out of the box i think ounce they all get modified it will be pretty darn close.

Bud didn't Cannondale want an arm and a leg for their bikes? That might have had something to do with them falling on flat on their faces. Just a thought.

eganracing
01-30-2006, 11:16 PM
im not sure what there prices were like. but thats a good point. i think they were like 8 grand or something like that

Jersey450R
01-31-2006, 06:58 AM
its weird how this poll yhas stayed almost even the whole time, i love it.

keep on voting!

mxquadracer
01-31-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Thump_It
Bud didn't Cannondale want an arm and a leg for their bikes? That might have had something to do with them falling on flat on their faces. Just a thought.

This is a fairly valid point if you think about it, however the genre specific bikes weren't the downfall of Cannondale. Cannon didn't have half of the resources the big 4 have, there's really no comparison there. Large figures for marketing, as well as an amazing international following has lead the other 4 companies to experiment with different markets like Cannondale never could. You have to give them props for attempting what they did, they still did a hell of a job. But without owners that will go out and buy anything with the "honda" tags on them + lack of resources just left them coming up short.

MX#9
01-31-2006, 12:00 PM
From everything that I have read,the Suzuki would be the most logical choice for the new stock class.

To sit behind a computer and rate a quad that nobody has had a chance to ride yet is just plain foolish,and I don't need help looking foolish.

I do think chasing a MX only market is a bold move,but that alone is what steers me away from it.

quad2xtreme
01-31-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by mxquadracer
This is a fairly valid point if you think about it, however the genre specific bikes weren't the downfall of Cannondale. Cannon didn't have half of the resources the big 4 have, there's really no comparison there. Large figures for marketing, as well as an amazing international following has lead the other 4 companies to experiment with different markets like Cannondale never could. You have to give them props for attempting what they did, they still did a hell of a job. But without owners that will go out and buy anything with the "honda" tags on them + lack of resources just left them coming up short.

I would agree. The Cannondale's were priced reasonably too given everything you got. The problem was too many 1st year issues with the engine that scared too many buyers away...too many fixes for this and that.

/Jon

Bad Brad777
01-31-2006, 05:51 PM
I think a factory race bike is an interesting idea. However, I believe there is likely too much liability to Honda, Yamaha, etc. This is probably best left to the aftermarket suppliers who have huge, combined intellectual and monetary resources to dump into enhanced R&D. Besides, you wouldn't want to ride something everyone else has, would you?

For those that thought my previous comment was to dis Suzuki, you're weak. My intent was to simply note that until the bike is here, why waste so much time on speculation...especially if you're going to get your panties in a wad when someone disagrees with you. Open your mind to all opinions here, regardless of branding, it's pretty amazing how much can be learned.

Thump_It
01-31-2006, 07:04 PM
I would agree. The Cannondale's were priced reasonably too given everything you got. The problem was too many 1st year issues with the engine that scared too many buyers away...too many fixes for this and that.

/Jon

I agree, Cannondales were priced reasonably for what you were getting, but an $8000 or more price tag is bound to scare many consumers away. I also agree with you about the technical difficulties that were associated with these bikes in their first year of production.

NaiLBoMB64
02-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by goldrims04
i think it looks sweet i think it is a nice bike for the track not the woods i like it better than yammi
nice quad from suzuki

spincr4hire
02-02-2006, 06:10 AM
how about riding it first before saying its over-rated?:rolleyes:

TrX450rKiD
02-02-2006, 10:13 AM
I want one, but yea, I think it is over rated. It isn't going to come with 50+ hp stock. The stock suspension isn't going to be better than PEPs or ELKAs. The pros are not going to leave their engines stock.

I think it IS going to be better than anything else out there so far. BUT, it will not be able to race in the A class (not talking about Pro, I'm talking about A) bone stock like so many think. Nevermind the Pro class.

Pappy
02-02-2006, 10:35 AM
I just talked to someone who spent an entire day on one, and he stated it is a great quad. What that means to someone else is another story.

Id have to agree, how can it be over rated when for the most part noone besides industry insiders have had a chance to wring one out

r450rr
02-02-2006, 02:28 PM
you gotta love how they called it the R450 I mean how much thinking did that take. :ermm:

TrX450rKiD
02-02-2006, 02:48 PM
It isn't called the R450. Its call the LT-R450. If people shorten it, so what? R stands for racing .. it isn't like Honda owns the letter. (This coming from a 450R owner)

r450rr
02-02-2006, 02:57 PM
god shut up im not trying to flame all i am saying is that why not the z-450, or something like that. quite bichn kid

USAF Dirtboy
02-02-2006, 04:13 PM
i think it goes back to the LT250r back in the late 80's and early 90's...just like honda did with the 450r compared to the 250r from the latter years:)

spincr4hire
02-03-2006, 06:12 AM
wow this thead is worthless

MX#9
02-03-2006, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
wow this thead is worthless

You are so right! Yet we both got involved in 5 pages of it!

I'm ashamed of myself.

02-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Funny how most people have voted it over rated....yet none of the people have ridden it yet.

eganracing
02-05-2006, 09:17 PM
well the suzuki didnt win nationals this weekend. maybe the riders need to spend a little more time on the machines but so far they arent incredibly better than the other 450's.

02-06-2006, 10:54 PM
i have to say overrated to. i dont care how good the quad is wont make any1 a better rider.

eganracing
02-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by walshyfz86
i have to say overrated to. i dont care how good the quad is wont make any1 a better rider.

thats a very good point. no matter how good a quad u have it still comes down to rider.

4ABURN
02-07-2006, 11:08 AM
You are right it will not make you a better rider but it might make you faster!!!!!! at least till you crash!!!!:D LOL