PDA

View Full Version : Peculiar habits or daily rituals?

SGA
01-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Everyone has habits or morning/evening daily rituals, some peculiar, some not, that they do during the day. Thought it might be fun to see what others do.

One thing I do is I never make my bed when I get up, but I always make it up before I go to bed at night, I dunno know why, but Ive always done it.

Whats some of yours?

Scro
01-29-2006, 05:38 PM
I take a shower every night and every morning. I've had a bunch of people tell me that it's useless because you don't get dirty sleeping...lol. I just do it to help me wake up.

dangle
01-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
I take a shower every night and every morning. I've had a bunch of people tell me that it's useless because you don't get dirty sleeping...lol. I just do it to help me wake up.

I do the same... Other than that... I like to eat everyday :D ....

Mike

Mxjunkie
01-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Lay in bed for a minute, fart a couple times, strech fart if it comes, scratch butt, walk into bathroom in boxers, take shower, make mohawk and misc bs, shave, get all snassy looking, eat 3 bowls of cereal

Just about every morning haha

Honda TRX250ex
01-29-2006, 05:50 PM
wake up, go back to sleep, wake up agian, fart acouple of times, haul @$$ out of my bed, wash my face, put contacts in, shave, make myself beautiful , turn on my computer and blast my music to wake me up, wait till the bus comes leave than go on the bus

elchankoblanko
01-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Lay in bed for a minute, fart a couple times, strech fart if it comes, scratch butt, walk into bathroom in boxers, take shower, make mohawk and misc bs, shave, get all snassy looking, eat 3 bowls of cereal

Just about every morning haha

hahahahhahaha that made my day

user101
01-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by SGA

One thing I do is I never make my bed when I get up, but I always make it up before I go to bed at night, I dunno know why, but Ive always done it.

I do the same thing. I have a habit of chewing on my fingernails.

Honda400exrox
01-29-2006, 06:03 PM
I cant sleep without having a shower, I also need my fan on to sleep:ermm:

Pappy
01-29-2006, 06:08 PM
ummmm.....

I must have a coffee in the morning or im literally one pissed off sob the entire day

I have to have a shower in the morning, if not i might as well stay in bed as i do not function with out one.

I watch MASH every night from 11pm to 1 am. if its not on I get ticked. (no clue why, ive seen them all atleast 20 times)

coolex
01-29-2006, 06:09 PM
i masterbate lol

Mxjunkie
01-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by coolex
i masterbate lol

Thats not right man, your killing kitties..

Hondadudeehhhh
01-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Dad comes in a turns on the lights, i go in the bathroom take a good long piss to get rid of morning wood, shower, warm the truck up, brush my teeth, gel the hair, eat some oatmeal then im out the door.

Honda TRX250ex
01-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
Dad comes in a turns on the lights, i go in the bathroom take a good long piss to get rid of morning wood, shower, warm the truck up, brush my teeth, gel the hair, eat some oatmeal then im out the door.
yeah taking a long piss in the morning gets rid of morning wood really quickly... to bad it dont work that way in school:macho

01-29-2006, 06:41 PM
lol the bell rings and you got wood...u say to yourself "oh ****, what do i do"

fall out of your chair, tell someone to punch you,bang your head on the desk, or masturbate in the classroom

wvspeedfreak
01-29-2006, 06:56 PM
I gotta eat breakfast as soon as I wake up.I get up out of bed and go straight to the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal.

TheFontMaster
01-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Every day I have a 30 minute ride to and from home school to my vo-tech school, If i don't take a nap there and back I'm tired the rest of the day. Then when I come home at 5 I take a nap while watching it takes a thief, then watch monster jam for an hour.:cool:

blasteracer24
01-29-2006, 07:14 PM
shut the alarm off cuz the noise it makes couldnt be more annoying, immediately lay back down in bed and hope i dont fall asleep cuz ifi do thats all she wrote, then look around and ask "why so early". Then get up scratch my *** then scratch my nuts, then figure out what im gonig to wear, go have a bowl of cereal go on computer til my buddy pics me up. (yes my hair is long ish, no i dont make it nice)

2004exrider
01-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Wake up so i can get ready for work, then realize im still tired so i lay back down and hope that ill wake back up in 5 minutes then realize its actually been 25-30 minutes. Hurry up and take a shower and run out to my truck, back out the driveway and when i put it in drive the engine dies, so i have to start her back up. Race to work and get there at 7:59 or 8:10, and always say to myself that its the last time i do that but its gone on for about 2years now:o

Jimmy

Quad Boy 660r
01-29-2006, 07:36 PM
I wake up, take a piss, eat cereal, get dressed, brush teeth, feed animals, leave.

Giz400ex
01-29-2006, 07:36 PM
During the week, I will hit the snooze button 3 or 4 times every morning

rollie
01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
i get a ice coffee extra extra every morning on the way to school...:cool:

k&k_400ex_82
01-29-2006, 07:51 PM
I have to set my alarm 1 hour b4 i acutally have to get up because i love hte feeling of waking up and knowing you can go back to sleep so i snooze for and hour cause i love the feeling and it wakes me when the next hour rolls around.

JDiablo
01-29-2006, 08:03 PM
At night i always have to take a shower.I wake up,look at the clock,say say "fck,school again" hit the snooze button,wake up 15 mins before the first pd bell rings in school,and run my *** to school,lol.....but now i drive!

moto04racing
01-29-2006, 08:10 PM
wake up, tell my mom im awake, go back to sleep, take a nice long shower, drink lots of coffee, have some breakfast, get dressed, go on the computer, get in the car, go to 711 and get more coffee, go to school, come home, do nothing, go to sleep, repeat

400exrules
01-29-2006, 08:13 PM
dad wakes me up, go take a piss, get dressed, eat somethin, brush my teeth, my hairs always stickin up so i have to gel it and fight with it to make it sit down in a normal way, grab my jacket and some gum, wait for my ride.....ill be driving soon though.

300exryder
01-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Shower at night, wake up at 7:58 every morning (at least for the month of January - only one class :) ) Shower, get dressed, eat more food than the other eight people in the dining hall combined, get to class early and go over the tough guys on the problem set. 11:00 rolls around, eat a gigantic lunch and head off to the school's own ski mountain :) , eat a huge dinner, lift, homework. Not to mention the 4-8 snacks between. (Bulking up cycle - football season absolutely destroyed me)

ZeroLogic
01-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Thats not right man, your killing kitties.. :chinese:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a357/zerologic/kat.jpg

Doober
01-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox

same here

SGA
01-29-2006, 09:28 PM
Thanks for replying and lets keep them coming!

I bet people have some pretty unique things they do everyday and whats funny is alot of us do the same thing, but think we are the only ones that do it!

Im with Pappy on the coffee. I might as not even get out of bed if I cant get my coffee, im like asleep all day with out it.

Robin Hood
01-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Set my alarm for 6, wake up, turn off alarm, go back to bed, wait until mom yells at me to get up, go back to bed, wake up 5 minutes before bus comes, run into bathroom, pee, brush my teeth, throw on whatever clothes i can find, forget to do my hair, realize my hair looks horrible, throw on a hat to compensate, pack books while usually forgetting most of them, run to the bus to find out it's long gone, then wait until my mom can drive me after she yells at me and tells me if i ever do it again she'll kill me.

And I chew on my fingernails a lot. :p

bluebaron
01-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Every night at exactly 11:30 i have a cig or a dip, then watch conan until midnight, then go to sleep.
Morning= My alarm goes off at 6:50, i hit the snooze until 7:20, wake up, piss, then brush my teeth while im taking a shower. take the puppy out to go to the bathroom, then wait for my ride.

FourFiftyFour
01-29-2006, 11:18 PM
my peculiar habit is no matter how early i wake up and no matter how planned i am....i am usually 10 min late no matter where I go.....:ermm:

derekhonda
01-29-2006, 11:32 PM
Wake up, work out, shower, start my day

spdygonzalez450
01-29-2006, 11:36 PM
wake up go to bathroom, shower, grab orange to eat on way to school b/c if i stay and make myself something i will be late to school, go to school from 745 to 2 than work at 215 to 6 than get home do homework for about an hour sometimes more, than relax surf the web than go to sleep.

wow my life if boring haha

01-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
my peculiar habit is no matter how early i wake up and no matter how planned i am....i am usually 10 min late no matter where I go.....:ermm: yikes...i cant stand being late. try adjusting your clocks 10 minutes faster ;)

FourFiftyFour
01-30-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
yikes...i cant stand being late. try adjusting your clocks 10 minutes faster ;)

haha my clock in my truck is 9 min fast I think....it still doesnt accomplish much....something always comes up where i am 10 min late...o well haha

01-30-2006, 01:12 AM
I get up, ride, eat lunch, ride some more, eat dinner, chat online and do some schoolwork, go to bed, repeat. On the weekends it the same but instead of ride its race:)

wilkin250r
01-30-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm not a coffee person. I have about 1 cup a year.

Unfortunately, I don't shower in the morning either. I'd like to, it's a nice way to wake up, but everybody else in the house showers in the morning, so I'll be the one to sacrifice and take my showers at night.

I do tickle my kid in the morning to wake her up. That's just fun.

Tommy 17
01-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Go to bed about 2 or 3 am...

Alarm goes off at 8 by 8:20 its still goin off

Roommate yells over to turn the F*ckin thing off or hes gonna kill me...

get up half asleep... stumble my way to the fridge and drink a can of mt dew

get on the computer and check my email till the mt dew wakes me up...

walk about 1/2 mile or more to my 9am class while checkin out the hot girls the entire way...

class till noon... eat lunch everyday at noon... 1 i walk back up to the dorm and get on here and check exriders till 2... then go to class till 5:20...

01-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I'm not a coffee person. I have about 1 cup a year.

Unfortunately, I don't shower in the morning either. I'd like to, it's a nice way to wake up, but everybody else in the house showers in the morning, so I'll be the one to sacrifice and take my showers at night.

I do tickle my kid in the morning to wake her up. That's just fun. Hows she doing? I remember her being in the hospital a few months ago.

NacsMXer
01-30-2006, 12:50 PM
I have 8 AM classes MWF so I need to wake up at 6 to be on time. The night before, I try to take a melatonin tablet around 9PM. For those of you who have trouble waking up in the morning, take melatonin! You wake up refreshed and feel rested, really counteracts "bed lock" in the morning. Then, I shave around 10 PM so I don't have to do it when I wake up. Go to bed around 11 to get 7 hours of sleep. (SGA, I also like to remake my bed before I sleep in it. I can't stand the feeling of wrinkled up or bunched up sheets!:mad: )

Wake up at 6 AM next day, turn off alarm. Lay there for 1 minute, stretch and crack my back, then get out of bed. Take a piss, brush teeth, wash face, then take a shower. Then put my clothes on and do my hair (which is a PITA and I hate it). Then eat breakfast, wake up my comp and surf ATVriders while I eat. Have a few good gulps of an energy drink then at 7:20, time to drive to school to be on time for 8 AM class.

Tuesdays - 1 PM class
Thursdays...NO class Hell yea!

Oh, and I have a bad habit of chewing and biting my cheeks and the inside of my mouth. I do it when I get nervous or anxious :ermm:

ballisticpb
01-30-2006, 01:20 PM
girlfriend kicks me out of bed, jump in the shower shave face and brush teeth in the shower, seems to save time. get out, get dressed go to kitchen and girlfriend makes breakfast. eat. make bed and off to work.

trick450r
01-30-2006, 02:21 PM
dad wakes me up, get up, get dressed, take my puppy moto out, bathroom, coffee (without it im lost) get in the car and go...on weekends...its wake up, forget im at the races and in teh trailer, get up, bathroom, brush teeth, and sit around untill i have to do something haha

hessianmx111
01-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Wake up at like 7, walk in kitchen and find something for breakfast, watch news while eating, get in shower, brush teeth, get dressed, warm my truck up, and leave around 7:45, drive to school 20 miles away, try like hell not to fall asleep on the way there, hang out with girlfriend before school, then go to class.

2004exrider
01-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Oh, and I have a bad habit of chewing and biting my cheeks and the inside of my mouth. I do it when I get nervous or anxious :ermm:

Damn, i thought i was the only one who did that:ermm: , did it for about 5 years and decided i had to quit because it was probably bad in some way... now i just chew my nails a lot:( lol.

Jimmy

exrider008
01-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox

i need my fan on to or i cant sleep its kida dumb..lol

ZeroLogic
01-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
Damn, i thought i was the only one who did that:ermm: , did it for about 5 years and decided i had to quit because it was probably bad in some way... now i just chew my nails a lot:( lol.

Jimmy

Bah, I do it to. It sucks because I do it to the point where they start bleeding. Then I just find a new spot to chew on!

Rip_Tear
01-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Shower before I go to bed. I can't sleep without a fan on... well I can, but it's harder. I read before I go to bed. Get up, piss, breakfast, brush teeth and out the door. I like to have lunch at 12, thats when lunch is... I'll stop what ever and eat lunch at 12. Get home have a snack, check E-mail (Ex-riders replies), check other net stuff, go on Ex-riders and check all this stuff out till suppers ready. Check more ex-riders...

culookn
01-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by coolex
i masterbate lol

lol thats awesome. i have to have a cup of coffe when i wake up. whether its 5am or 1 in the afternoon, its the first thing i do.

Hon300ex
01-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Bah, I do it to. It sucks because I do it to the point where they start bleeding. Then I just find a new spot to chew on!

i do that too! i also thought i was the only one who did it! people look at you like what are you doing? its a bad habit i cant stop doing it

NacsMXer
01-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Hon300ex
i do that too! i also thought i was the only one who did it! people look at you like what are you doing? its a bad habit i cant stop doing it

Yeah I thought I was the only one that did that too :blah: It's addictive, I feel ridges and valleys and I try to get them all flat, then look for another loose spot. Sometimes I use my fingers on the outside to push and get to those hard to reach areas lol. It's a really bad habit, but nothing bad has resulted from it. I really have no idea why I do it or when it started. My older sister does the same thing :p

Fred55
01-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Yeah I thought I was the only one that did that too :blah: It's addictive, I feel ridges and valleys and I try to get them all flat, then look for another loose spot. Sometimes I use my fingers on the outside to push and get to those hard to reach areas lol. It's a really bad habit, but nothing bad has resulted from it. I really have no idea why I do it or when it started. My older sister does the same thing :p

I do the exact same thing too!

WhiteYFZ
01-30-2006, 07:18 PM
well, i take a shower, go to bed at like 1-2:30am.
Mom opens the door and YELLS "THOMAS!! get up!! its late" (8:10). then i get up, crawl the the bathroom(lol) and stretch on the floor. Take a piss,brush teeth, get dressed, then i leave. Stay in school from 8:30 to 2:45 bell rings.. go down the hall to the bus line, get in trouble for talking (today i got a bus notice because i laughed in a teachers face) ...get on the bus. come home.. go right ot hte computer.. then play some 360.. go on exriders.com:D :D and yfzcentral.com:D :D ...then take a nap sometimes.. then watch some tv till like 1-2:30.. repeat!:D

ZeroLogic
01-30-2006, 07:26 PM
I wake up after pressing the snooze alarm from 6:00am to 6:30am. I roll out of bed, pick up what ever cloths are closest to me. Get my contacts, face wash and shaving stuff. Go into the bathroom and put my contacts in shave and wash my face. Take a quick ten minute shower. Get dressed grab my wallet, pen and any school books or papers. Go out to my bus stop then my bus. Sleep on the bus. Go to school. Talk sleep screw around and try to learn. Go back onto the bus go home. Hop on my computer for a bit then eat dinner. Take a shower, then computer, then watch some tv and go to bed and do it all over again.

kgd57
01-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Is it me or does it take everyone aleast 30 mins. to put gear on when they are getting ready to practice or for a moto (if not in a hurry).... I always get out a chair and drag my gear bag within reach and then start the half hour process. Most times I forget something in the motorhome and go running half naked to go get it. Then inside I find that I have to pee or something (the worst is trying to take a **** with gear on) Then I run back and get distracted again by the dvd or cd that playing in the trailer and have to ge back up and change it...I go to sit back down and someone has taken my seat. Finally after sitting down I continue to undress pulling one piece of clothing off at a time (with 30 second breaks inbetween) After my gear is somewhat on in get up and get my boots, sit back down, after failing to buckel them I say eff IT. Next I get up, get a pair of gogles out of the bag, clean them put on tear-offs. (sometimes messing that up because by now I am in a hurry I dont wait for the windex to dry and I get moisture inbetween them and the lens) finally I zip up my pants and put on my chest protector, grab and helment ,get someone to kick my boot buckels shut and Im ready to go...... No problem RIGHT?!

After riding repeat steps 3 - 1,354 in reverse

Please be someone out there like me ... lol

jwick07
01-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Must have the fan on while sleeping or trying to, my job makes sleeping hard because I worry constantly about it. Wake up before alarm goes off, hit snooze twice, while cussing up a storm. Get up go to work and am pissed the entire day or night,

Chew and drink MtDew on drive home everyday.

When I sleep i cover my junk with one hand, makes me feel secure

Quad18star
01-30-2006, 08:24 PM
For me it doesn't matter what time I go to bed at or how tired I am , I'm up at 4am to go for a piss . I don't know if that's classified as a habit or a ritual , but it sure does suck . I can never get a good night sleep without waking up , cuz I know 4am is gunna roll around sooner or later .

A bad habit of mine , is chewing my finger nails . My parents always gave me chit , my GF gives me chit and tells me it's gross ... but I just can't get out of the habit . I've even put some disgusting tasting stuff on them to stop me from doing it but that didn't work . :ermm:

Stevie-D
01-30-2006, 08:32 PM
i've got this annoying habit that i can't sleep unless i have a dip right before i go to sleep..same thing in the morning...first thing i do is grab the chew...then coffee...

TCracin440ex
01-30-2006, 09:16 PM
alot of these habbits sound like mine...

I have to sleep with my fan every night...if not i can not sleep
I have to get a shower before i go anywhere

I can not stand the alarm clock they do not wake me up...the only way the alarm clock would wake me up is if i put it all the way on the other side of the room and thats because id have to get up out of the bed in the morning to shut it off....the reason they dont wake me up is because they go off and i just eitehr snooze it 50 billion times or until im tired of hearing it buzz then ill just turn it off and crash...what usually wakes me up is my cell phone ringing...

another habbit of mine is im paranoid of loosing my wallet so i always smack my *** every once in a while to make sure the wallet is still back there....i wear baggy pants so u cant really tell if its still there anymore after a while...so i have to smack my *** to see if the wallet is still on my *** pocket

another thing i do is the pit check...before i go anywhere ill always check my arm pits to make sure they dont stink...sounds a lil gross but i can not stand to stink unless im workin on my truck or quad....

400exrules
01-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by tjespo22
bell rings.. go down the hall to the bus line, get in trouble for talking

what are you in, 3rd grade?:huh :confused: :huh

popo
01-31-2006, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
ummmm.....

I must have a coffee in the morning or im literally one pissed off sob the entire day

You don't drink enough than do you. Aw-whooo-phish :devil:

coolex
01-31-2006, 05:05 PM
for you guys that bite your nails do you also bite the skin so its like 2 or 3 layes down i do that and i am so addicted its all scarred and discolored and after i take a shower and there all white there so many bite marks it creepybut just on the tips of your fingers and finger nails

coolex
01-31-2006, 05:05 PM
for you guys that bite your nails do you also bite the skin so its like 2 or 3 layes down i do that and i am so addicted its all scarred and discolored and after i take a shower and there all white there so many bite marks it creepybut just on the tips of your fingers and finger nails