PDA

View Full Version : Neons

2002_300_EX
06-11-2002, 06:55 PM
Does anyone have neon lights on their quad? if you do, post some pics and tips on how to install them. Thanks.

RdingManiac420
06-11-2002, 10:16 PM
Shut up.

loganB
06-11-2002, 11:00 PM
I dont have them yet but Im going to have my brother instal it under the front and he is going to put strobes in my head lights.:)

"BLAHH"300!!
06-12-2002, 12:01 AM
me and a few other guy's on this site wired up some light's on our quads right about the same time.

just find your wire's,(i used the tail light wires) wire the neons in, add a fuse and a switch for them and mount them..
your best bet would be, to mount them somewhere where you can't really see the bulb. i wired 3 blue bulb's under my bike. not neon's, regular bulbs, that are the same size as the tail light bulbs. i used the tail light sokett and got 2 more soketts like it and wired em' all together. got a seperate switch for them, and wired em streight to my battery. i hid one in my airbox, drilled a hole in the on the front at the bottom inside my airbox, next i put one on top of my motor, took a zip tie, andlooped it around some wire under there, third i took off my hood, nose piece and drilled an hole in the piece of hard plastic under there, sliuppedn the bulb and bamm....you can't see any of the bulbs when their on or off. but the whole bike is lite up at night. i wired in some foglights while i was at it. took the 2 wires for the fog light's, found an end for the wire's to fit them in the sockett for the stock headlight plugin. and thats that. now i can run my foglights and my blue light seperatly. or both on, or both off. looks kools

Tango
06-12-2002, 01:12 AM
Heres a picture. I use to have strobes but the control unit got wet and shorted out.

spincr4hire
06-12-2002, 06:15 AM
whats next, 20" blades and 15" subs ? :devil

Tango
06-12-2002, 01:00 PM
That would be a cannondale, with the 20"s on it.

06-13-2002, 10:10 AM
here ya go!:macho

2002_300_EX
06-13-2002, 10:37 AM
nitrous...20s.....its a beast:devil

spincr4hire
06-13-2002, 12:26 PM
where's vin diesel when you need him ? :devil

06-13-2002, 01:41 PM
here ya go, there for sale. $30 PM me

2002_300_EX
06-14-2002, 09:18 AM
ok

user101
06-14-2002, 08:29 PM
get those cannondales with 20's out of here. those r so GAY
LEO can u please remove that c-dale.

exriderdude
06-15-2002, 11:50 AM
man, that c-dale is sweet, what are you smokin 101?

nakomis0
06-15-2002, 12:28 PM
I have a switch next to my key where I can turn on my Neon blue strobe lights. They go on in my headlights.

You can see the switch to the left of the key. I don't have a pic with them on.

400exstunta
06-15-2002, 01:47 PM
one from the local track... stupid...

Jeff
06-15-2002, 03:45 PM
I have blue Neons on my 400ex. Make sure when you buy the neons that it says "Interior/Exterior" use. Its easy to wire them up. You need to get a 3-way switch that has a ground prong. You HAVE to ground it, otherwise it wont work. I have my neons right behind my steering stem under my front plastics, it lights up my while front-end!! I have the 10" stick...

nakomis0
06-15-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Jeff
I have blue Neons on my 400ex. Make sure when you buy the neons that it says "Interior/Exterior" use. Its easy to wire them up. You need to get a 3-way switch that has a ground prong. You HAVE to ground it, otherwise it wont work. I have my neons right behind my steering stem under my front plastics, it lights up my while front-end!! I have the 10" stick...

You donna need no stickin 3-way switch. :) And of course ya gotta ground it. On a DC sytem (battery powered) current flows from - to +, so if it ain't grounded you don't have no negative.

Went to school for electronics, and work as a journeyman electricain.:) not flamin just wanted to clear that up so peeps and tryin to hook some 3-ways on there bike.

You would use a 3-way if you had 2 switches, like 1 in the back and 1 on the front...lol.

"BLAHH"300!!
06-16-2002, 03:47 PM
..did i hear you say "SWITCHE'S"..?
you got switch's.? real hydro's or air?
only switch's i got were the one's my mom made go get out of the yard.....i'd get a big one. shed go get a small one...

Fox300ex
07-10-2002, 05:42 PM
WelL instead of goin buyiun neons and *****, just go buy lil 5 in. retange lights from a truck stop or somwhere like that and put on on the front of ur air box facein the shock and run that wire to ur back tail light and where u gas tank is on the front theres a metal plate just drill a hole in it and run a wire to the back to ur tail light , thats for a 300ex . it will work with u lights , looks d-cent at ngiht coz it light up ur motor :cool:

nakomis0
07-10-2002, 08:45 PM
I hooked up neons, just like in Tangos pic. I used blue side marker lights.

I mounted 1 inside the snorkle... lol.. It shines down on the carb, and rear of the motor. (the bulb isn't in the snorkle, I drilled a hole so it sticks out)

And I did the same thing under the gas tank, on the plastic that blocks the motor heat from the tank.

It looks cool, never gets used, except when I'm riding my quad to the beer cooler, just for laughs:rolleyes:

I tried to get a pic, but it doesn't show up well.

Clay
07-10-2002, 10:30 PM
Heres the neons on my truck. Ive beat them to **** and they're still glowin. None will ever touch my quad though. :huh
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2f467242/bc/MY+1997+Chevy+Z71/Neon+Side..jpg?bcYF1U9ALDAYPqKU

Castor-426ex
07-10-2002, 10:34 PM
whoa...this thread aint gonna last long..:eek:

Woodsrider
07-10-2002, 11:30 PM
Moderators are quick to respond:D
that comment was uncalled for.

07-11-2002, 01:28 PM
where the **** did my reply go????? that pisses me off and so does all that **** talk about the neons on quads, thats **** stupid!

I guess you never read the rules at the bottom of the page HUH??I removed all the profanity from this post,,I guess his warning from SGAexer didn't sink in,,sorry dude..:rolleyes: RICO

07-11-2002, 01:59 PM
The other mods have warned you about your language and attitude on the site,,,,We'll see ya bub...:eek:

knighttime
07-11-2002, 02:04 PM
dont let the door hit u in the *** on the way out, lmfao. I can c where that button comes in handy. :D

nakomis0
07-11-2002, 02:34 PM
LOL, .. Who was that masked moderator!?

Faster than a speeding Blaster
More powerful than an Atc185s
Able to leap tall tabletops in a single bound

Its.... its... SUper Moderator!!!!...lol

:blah

07-11-2002, 08:07 PM
rico, i dont think it was very nice of you DISABLE my account!!! for one, i NEVER got any warnings!!!! for 2, all i did was state my opinion!!!! thats freedum of speech "BUB",just cuz you're the "moderator" doesnt mean just cuz someone says something you dont like you can "disable" their account. you need to grow up.

Tango
07-11-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by atc185s
where the **** did my reply go????? that pisses me off and so does all that **** talk about the neons on quads, thats **** stupid!

I guess you never read the rules at the bottom of the page HUH??I removed all the profanity from this post,,I guess his warning from SGAexer didn't sink in,,sorry dude..:rolleyes: RICO If you put neons on, it might double the value of your bikes!

airheadedduner
07-12-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by HondaRider250x
rico, i dont think it was very nice of you DISABLE my account!!! for one, i NEVER got any warnings!!!! for 2, all i did was state my opinion!!!! thats freedum of speech "BUB",just cuz you're the "moderator" doesnt mean just cuz someone says something you dont like you can "disable" their account. you need to grow up.

Starting crap with a moderator = bad idea. Quit while you can.

They sell somethin I think there called "fly lights" at a local shop. They are little watch battery operated things that screw into the valve stems. They actully look cool in a miror polished aluminum wheel. I was considering getting a set for a little night effect, course they won't do me much good till I get my headlight fixed. :rolleyes: No wonder there are so many ufo sightings. All you guys out riding with neons at night. Your freakin people out!!!!!!!!!:D

YamaWarr0121
07-13-2002, 08:31 PM
i have a red and a blue strobe through each of my headlights on my warrior, one blue,one red, and a white one going horizontally on top of my bumber, we always mess with the mexicans down at the farms by pullin them over at night then flyin by them, its great

my neon strobe underneath got a little shattered in a rescent trip to the mx track

Rastus
07-14-2002, 11:23 AM
Yeah, id say starting something with a mod is not a good idea..

07-15-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by HondaRider250x

Well consider your first ban a warning then..

Go to the bottom of the page and read the rules for exriders.com and after you read them read them again in case you missed something...your foul mouth will get you banned again I can tell you that. And you tell me to grow up,,your the one bashing and flaming people not me..:rolleyes: