PDA

View Full Version : trail riding with newbies

hard one
01-29-2006, 02:21 PM
A group of very talented riders and i took some new guys to st. joe state park and it was the worst time we ever had of trail riding. One was on a cr 85 and the other two were on a predator and a z400. the guy on the cr couldnt make it up steep hills and the other to kept hitting trees. all of them for rinding for at least 2 years was horrible. after the second time out we just left them on the flats.

z-mann
01-30-2006, 02:17 AM
ugh, that sucks. We ride out there quit a bit.

hard one
01-31-2006, 05:45 PM
This time it was great compared to last time my brother and one of my friends went and the trails were realy muddy but it was awsome because how my many times do you get to blow bt two rm 125's on a moddified 300ex on some nice wide trails.

We also saw some very trick 250r's and 450r's.

Also a warrior with 18's on it (rims) big nice and crome:cool:

TarheelRedRider
02-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Newbies suck, I have been ridding since I was 7 years old Im am now 30. I have only a few guys I will ride with. We went on a big outting here lately and had some new guys with us and they sucked, putting down the trails. Ride hard is how I look at it.

jordan_m6
02-03-2006, 04:32 PM
the same happend to me last time i went to st. Joe. we ended up leaving are party also. but i am new to riding also but im not afraid to fly threw the woods.

goldrims04
02-03-2006, 06:23 PM
i have been through the same thing but what u have to remember is that we all sucked at one time.but i hear what u r saying

jordan_m6
02-03-2006, 06:54 PM
the other guys i ended up leaving have all had rides before i could even think of buying one and they just froze once they hit the woods

TarheelRedRider
02-09-2006, 09:36 PM
I have had my friends wife to come along before. You wanna talk about suck. This isnt a nature exploration Im here to rip it up and brave the forest. HE HE:)

dirtriderhoney
02-10-2006, 09:27 PM
I'll tell you what, I'm a novice rider and I went with a couple people including one kid who never had a quad before and doesnt ride on a regular basis. The first bike he buys is 450trx brand new. He stalled six times and not to mention everytime he stalled it was on a hill no doubt. The trip sucked so bad, he couldn't keep the bike running and took forever to get it started again. Kick start is always a blast!

Christine

goldrims04
02-10-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderhoney
I'll tell you what, I'm a novice rider and I went with a couple people including one kid who never had a quad before and doesnt ride on a regular basis. The first bike he buys is 450trx brand new. He stalled six times and not to mention everytime he stalled it was on a hill no doubt. The trip sucked so bad, he couldn't keep the bike running and took forever to get it started again. Kick start is always a blast!

Christine i have been riding for a while when i first got my trx it has a real sensitive clutch with the trx u have to ride with the clutch alot or it will stall and also with differant temputures u have to ajust ur idle if it idles to low u will get that stalling alot but remember with newbies we were all there one time i dont think any one was born a pro

94F450SD
02-11-2006, 06:45 AM
ive ridden other clutched bikes before but my 400ex has the touchiest clutch ive seen.im still getting used to it.

dirtriderhoney
02-11-2006, 09:11 AM
RE:

goldrims04

i have been riding for a while when i first got my trx it has a real sensitive clutch with the trx u have to ride with the clutch alot or it will stall and also with differant temputures u have to ajust ur idle if it idles to low u will get that stalling alot but remember with newbies we were all there one time i dont think any one was born a pro

I totally hear you on that one. It took me a while
to learn and its still a challenge at times. I've ridden the trx and its alot of bike for me. I go riding with the girls alot and don't always go with the guys because they ride so freaking hard, sometimes its hard to keep up. The thing with newbies is, if your ignorant enough to think your a pro and you put other people at risk, then you have a problem.

Christine

dirtriderhoney
02-11-2006, 09:15 AM
RE:

ive ridden other clutched bikes before but my 400ex has the touchiest clutch ive seen.im still getting used to it.

You'll get use to it. Is the bike new or has someone else been pounding on it. Maybe there's something wrong with the cluth. I love love love my 400, this is my second one. I had a red and I sold it and now I have a yellow one. The 400 is like a cadi, it rides good, corner even better, and still has the guts to hang with the big boys. I think Honda in general is a good make.

Christine

94F450SD
02-11-2006, 09:23 AM
its new,ive only had it a couple weeks so far.

TarheelRedRider
02-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by 94F450SD

My friend has a new 400ex and your right. I test drove it and the clutch was a little bit hard to get used to. He still stalls it in tight spots. And that quad is the most cold natured quad I have ever seen. I think somethings wrong with it but the dealer told him it was fine.

94F450SD
02-12-2006, 11:58 AM
o ya mine is cold blooded something serious.yesterday it was popping and coughing while trying to start it to back it off the truck.the wifes 250EX starts easy.pull the choke and push the button,ride it for a minute or 2 and push the choke off.

dirtriderhoney
02-12-2006, 03:00 PM
RE:

What years is it? Is it a left over from last year or brand brand new, an 06' ?

Christine

dirtriderhoney
02-12-2006, 03:06 PM
RE:

TarheelRedRider

My friend has a new 400ex and your right. I test drove it and the clutch was a little bit hard to get used to. He still stalls it in tight spots. And that quad is the most cold natured quad I have ever seen. I think somethings wrong with it but the dealer told him it was fine.

That is so weird that you say that cause a number of others on here have said the same thing. I bought mine in 03' brand new and I never once had a problem. To this day I havent had any major repairs or issues. The cold blooded is so true! Sometimes I get really pissed when its freezing outside and my bike won't stay running. I had a 400 previous to the one I have now so I think I'm just use to the way it runs.

94F450SD
02-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderhoney
RE:

What years is it? Is it a left over from last year or brand brand new, an 06' ?

Christine

its an 05 that i bought last month before they had the 06s or i would have had an 06.

rancher 350 kid
03-20-2006, 05:44 PM
i have a stock xr100 and my friend has a heavily moded kx85 and my other friend rises a yz 80 even on my 1oo me and my friend have to wait for nick on his yz nick also has a trailblazer 250 i got a rancher and my friend nole has a 300 fourtrax but nick aint a newbie but hes still like ridin with one

miller821
03-22-2006, 04:28 PM
My ex clutch works and runs fine. It really doesn't get real cold were I have to worry about it not starting. But I have to work the clutch alot so I won't bog down going up hills in 2nd gear, but I just put a 14t front sprocket on so i'm hoping that helps.

But I know what you mean riding behind slow people. Sometimes my dads friend brings his kids, and they ain't bad for being like 10 and 8 or so. They climb every hill we climb ( just about everyone at least) but when the trail opens up and your behind em they'll get it pinned and you'll be going so slow. So I usually try to go last and let them go way in front and just chase em down.

hondamanex400
03-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by 94F450SD
o ya mine is cold blooded something serious.yesterday it was popping and coughing while trying to start it to back it off the truck.

mine wasnt too bad to start when it was cold outside. once i got it started, it would have to sit for a minute and idle w/ the choke on. but now, w/ a pipe, airfilter, spot on jetting,and bored to a 416, i dont even need the choke. on the first ride after these mods a couple weeks ago, it fired right up after sitting outside in 38 degree weather. i tried to choke it and it would just shut it off.

NPelletier
03-22-2006, 07:45 PM
my friend has a 400 and his lil bro has a 250ex, they're both great bikes, the 250 starts like nothing but it might stall once, but his 400, is soo cold blooded, his bro will be started and warmed up b4 the 400 even starts.... i mean, well, its cold blooded, but its not bad, it takes like a couple minutes but eventually it'll work lol

im a kinda newbie when it comes to riding, ive been riding since i was like 8, im 14 now, but i havnt really ridden much b4 a year or so ago, when i got my blaster, i started riding almost every weekend, ive ridden in trials many times but im still kind aan amateur when in comes to flying through them. i havnt ridden on ytrails in a couple years, i had a lil suzuki 125(4-wheeler) that ive riden on teh trials multipletimes, then i got a lil honda 185 3-wheeler i also rode on the trials a couple times, but i have yet to ride with my blaster, im going to get out on some trials this weekend hopefully and ill tell u guys how i do:cool:

Rider-trx_250ex
03-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by jordan_m6
the same happend to me last time i went to st. Joe. we ended up leaving are party also. but i am new to riding also but im not afraid to fly threw the woods.

fear may not be a thing for u but be careful, use common sense. i know a guy who is like that. he flips 2 times almost every time he goes riding except for maybe once all because he flies down trails and does not know them well

Ghost-Rider
04-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by NPelletier
my friend has a 400 and his lil bro has a 250ex, they're both great bikes, the 250 starts like nothing but it might stall once, but his 400, is soo cold blooded, his bro will be started and warmed up b4 the 400 even starts.... i mean, well, its cold blooded, but its not bad, it takes like a couple minutes but eventually it'll work lol

im a kinda newbie when it comes to riding, ive been riding since i was like 8, im 14 now, but i havnt really ridden much b4 a year or so ago, when i got my blaster, i started riding almost every weekend, ive ridden in trials many times but im still kind aan amateur when in comes to flying through them. i havnt ridden on ytrails in a couple years, i had a lil suzuki 125(4-wheeler) that ive riden on teh trials multipletimes, then i got a lil honda 185 3-wheeler i also rode on the trials a couple times, but i have yet to ride with my blaster, im going to get out on some trials this weekend hopefully and ill tell u guys how i do:cool:

I had one of them zukis man it was one of ... well technalilly "my" first quad i was a lil younger cause i leanred to ride when i was like 7 on my dads 350 and man that qaud was crap cost $200 so yea but we prolby put over $300 fixin it up lol but yea i never was afriad or slow i got a lead foot , lead thumb,lead wrist and lead whateverelse is yoused for throtle lol yea im gonna be 15 on June 1st so im 14 like you are but weve been on trails when oter people that were newer ( we could tell ) were there but eventully they let us pass them ..... thank god..... but yea we were all new at one point