PDA

View Full Version : Another question on Son's 88'YZ125

Bound4Dirt
01-29-2006, 01:08 PM
It leaks oil out the black tube. I was told it is leaking past the power valve and is normal if fuel-oil mix is high and Son isn't "on-it". True? I am running 32:1 AMSoil. Should I go to 42:1 to help this?

2muchquad
01-29-2006, 06:24 PM
yes,if your son is just "puttin around" it will load up with "spooge".the yz series were made for racing and not really for slow easy going.going to a 42:1 mixture wont have much of a effect on the oil residue as long as he still takes it easy.if anything your silencer packing will be saturated with oil pretty quick with his throttle habits.try and open it up for him from time to time to clean out the carbon and powervalve assembly:)

Bound4Dirt
01-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Sad part is the one night I took it out just because and it didn't leak that night. When we come back and I rev it it is crisp not like the first day when it was loaded up big time.

Maybe a rejet?

Bound4Dirt
01-29-2006, 08:18 PM
We did over fill the trans fluid and it came out there also(?) we quickly removed all the oil and refilled to correct amount (650cc). So that's not it? Just to much oil from oil/gas mix not burned?

2muchquad
01-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Just to much oil from oil/gas mix not burned

yes puttin around on a race bike will do this.as well as over filling your tranny oil.:) as long as he isnt fouling plugs and you open it up for him from time to time,you should be fine.you dont want to start chasing another jetting setup when hes gonna get used to the bike.

Bound4Dirt
01-29-2006, 09:47 PM
Sounds good. First look at plug looked good. I will check again.

Thanks