PDA

View Full Version : another idea for all quads wit aluminum airboxes

jeremy_283
01-29-2006, 11:20 AM
if you got an aftermarket aluminum airbox and want the increased airflow without the water and mud,dirt,debris getting in yer airbox depending on the design of your aluminum airbox you can make a lid out of aluminum off of ebay and an car panel style K&N and then call outerwares and the can send you a 12 by 12 peice of their material for $10 and some velcro......... basically get the aluminum get the biggest panel style airfilter you can get without being bigger than your air box... cut the aluminum so the filter can fit snug inside drill some holes pop rivet or bolt the K&N filter to the aluminum..... then get yer outerwares cut it to fit over the filter then get yer wife or if yer a kid like me figure out how to stitch the velcro to the outerwears material and put some velcro on the airbox lid "you will prolly need sticky velcro and may even need to pop rivet it down so it dont come up" put yer lid on and walla u got a k&n air box cover.......... also you will need to fashon somthing to secure it sown some aftermarket airboxes already come with lids "their crappy lids" so the mounting hardware is already in place i used a insaneperformanceatv.com airbox it is high quality and low price ... u can do all this for a little as 40 bucks .... but beware all 05 and after 400ex owners .. nearly all aftermarket airboxes u buy will get either crushed or have a small dent due to the rear brake capilar being positioned higher u can fix that with a 99-04 brake capilar mount.. i know the brake line is long enough but i dont know if it will match up sure seems like it woud though. bye bye that was way to much 4 me type but i was on a roll .. tell me wat u think... i got plenty more ideas all i ever do is think about quads.. and girls

patches85
01-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Got any pics?

jeremy_283
01-30-2006, 08:01 PM
no no pics i've thought about it for a long time so i know exactly hat it will look like, first i gotta save up couple bucks and go on ebay to get the supplies.... just think of it as a stack 1st is the aluminum lid, 2nd filter, 3rd outerwears. go to kandn.com and do the search for airfilter by dimension choose panel style filter then select the dimensions. good idea huh?