PDA

View Full Version : 400ex bottom out

jeremy_283
01-29-2006, 06:53 AM
i just recently got an insane performance airbox for my 2005 400ex and ive hit the bottom out bumper on my rear shock and there is a small dent in the bottom of my airbox and i was wondering if i cased a jump really frekin hard besides the screwed up axle i would have would that make my suspension go down a lot further from compressing the bottom out bushing or not?

Rico
01-29-2006, 07:24 AM
Sounds like a poorly designed airbox and nothing you do will fix it.

Bottoming out your rear shock will not bend your axle either.

jeremy_283
01-29-2006, 07:51 AM
basically my question is i've bottomed out my rear shock and if i were to bottom it out really hard.. like if i cased a jump real bad would it make my suspemsion compress anymore

Rico
01-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by extremejrowe
basically my question is i've bottomed out my rear shock and if i were to bottom it out really hard.. like if i cased a jump real bad would it make my suspemsion compress anymore

Yes, but it sounds like you've bottomed it out already..

The worst that can happen is the airbox bust off the subframe like my last aluminum box did, and it bounce around on the swingarm. I've been running a stocker ever since....:cool:

hondajoe05
01-29-2006, 12:55 PM
the rear shock isn't that bad and you got a 05 i still haven't bottomed out yet! and i weigh 245 and im 6'2 haha and i jump a-lot! some decent size jumps so i dunno you must be landin real bad or something i've bottomed out my fronts plenty of times but i don't have enough money for new ones so you no