PDA

View Full Version : prob

codybob
01-28-2006, 10:16 PM
k my 95 300 ex ...i put in my new starer and new batery and it still wont turn over all i get it a clicking niose in like the relay i guess umm any sugestions

prepracing
01-28-2006, 10:26 PM
do you have good ground connections ?

codybob
01-28-2006, 10:34 PM
i believe i do should i just run by all the wires to check

codybob
01-28-2006, 10:55 PM
umm i was reading some threads and i hear alot of 300s have electric start probs soo um how do i do that solenoid bypass test ??

humblesquirel21
01-29-2006, 06:47 AM
mine did that to me for the longest time i had really bad electric problems u prolly have a bad wire/conection some where in the wireing mine was where two wires hada quick conect one end had wiggled lose and wasnt conecting go through all your conections and make sure the wires themeselves are ok

ReconRider25
01-29-2006, 08:03 AM
sounds like you solenoid. take a screwdriver and connect the two terminals and see if it turns over. if it does you gotta replace that.

codybob
01-29-2006, 12:33 PM
so just screw the two together and try it

humblesquirel21
01-30-2006, 08:22 PM
not tryin to sound mean but dont screw them to gether u can do real damage to ur starting system the wireing can and will get to hot the starter (once the engine does start) wont stop and will most liekly burn up or get the starter gears ground i know cause i tried it on a garden tractor (same exact wireing principle) and it fried the starter and the wireing set on fire. the selinoid/relay switch acts as a regulator of the current to protect the sytem from geting to much electricity i belive its ok to bypasss it alittle for testing but bolitng them together could be disastorous

jsut take a screw driver (or any metal pieace with plastic handle and no paint that will carry curent) and touch it to the two bolts on the relay switch so it jumps over the quad will start to turn over then