View Full Version : i let my YFZ friend ride my R at the track

yamablaster24
01-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Well after i cased a double and tore some stuff in my wrist my buddy said he would take my "trail bike" around the track once so he would fall in love with his YFZ again or some stupid stuff. Either way he goes out and hes doing stuff he couldnt do on his YFZ and he wasnt even trying. After making him get off hes like mannnn that thing is so awesome, its so much better for racin an so much lighter, my YFZ is a tank!

This was an indoor track with a lot of technical jumps. Whoops were good sized and there was a straight to open up the machine. We both have the same mods ( tires ) so that didnt make much of a diff...

yeah these hondas are here to stay

CHEVYZ
01-29-2006, 08:59 AM
Yeah, I love my TRX! I love the feeling it has over the Yamaha.... no offense, infact, I would like to get a new Yammi or Suzuki to match it. I am going to have to do some changes to get it to feel right though, stock I feel kind of cramped.......

450r51
01-29-2006, 09:13 AM
u guys wouldnt happen to be talking about nemx would ya.

01-29-2006, 11:39 AM
let me guess was this Gimpala67 :confused:

01-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
u guys wouldnt happen to be talking about nemx would ya.

i was there saturday

yamablaster24
01-29-2006, 06:40 PM
it was Ram Jam
www.ramjamsportsplex.com

NEMX is a two hour drive, i been there about 5 or 6 times but this RAM JAM place gets me in better shape. While i dont get out of 3rd gear its still fun.

Toadz400
01-30-2006, 09:49 AM
What did they change for the 450ER to be lighter than the YFZ? They added a starter, battery and other things to make that work so wouldn't that be adding weight?

My YFZ feels light even after riding a 450R but I have yet to ride the '06, which I would love to do. See what I'm up against maybe if the changes they made to the geometry are good enough to make me switch back to Honda.