PDA

View Full Version : Whos been Pulled Over 4 Sound?

ShiftFMX
01-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Im constantly wondering about this, Do the cops really care about how loud your exhaust is? I have strait pipes on my truck. Im sure it depends on the way your driving and the time of day, but ultimatly, Ive never had a problem, just last night, a Michigan State trooper was right behind me for about ten minutes, even thru a few lights where I had to stop and get back on the throttle. It probably depends on the cop too.

Anyways, anyone have any stories about this??

400exrules
01-28-2006, 09:58 PM
when are you gonna get me some friggin sound clips lol:confused: :blah:

prepracing
01-28-2006, 10:07 PM
I have been pulled over for radio noise sound ( subs ) down in Panama City cruising on spring break and end of school year trip...I have only seen one car pulled over for loud exhaust...an RX-7 riceburner like a mid 90's model and that thing would make your ears bleed. From the sound of it had to be nothing but straight pipe

ShiftFMX
01-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
when are you gonna get me some friggin sound clips lol:confused: :blah:

I gotta figure out how to get them...then put it on the comp! But i havent forgotten!

Mxjunkie
01-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Yep got pulled over with a buddy in a regal with open headers yesterday..

FourFiftyFour
01-28-2006, 11:44 PM
i have been pulled over for my system being too loud.... I think certain cities u could get pulled over for exhaust too bc certain cities have sound ordinances...just depends.

Hondadudeehhhh
01-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Adam, thats kind of funny you havent been pulled over for your exhaust. I heard Ypsi has a real strict ordinance on stereos now, you would think it would apply to exhaust too.

moto04racing
01-29-2006, 11:14 AM
over in the detriot area, they pull people over at cruises for there straight pipes, well ive only seen it at the woodward cruise. My dad ran open headers down gratiot on a noncruise day and there was a cop behind us, a roseville cop no less and he didnt give a ****

Bush0102
01-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
I have been pulled over for radio noise sound ( subs ) down in Panama City cruising on spring break and end of school year trip...I have only seen one car pulled over for loud exhaust...an RX-7 riceburner like a mid 90's model and that thing would make your ears bleed. From the sound of it had to be nothing but straight pipe

are you from Lebanon?

Titanium
01-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Well me n a buddy of mine got and exhibition ticket cus he had loud pipes. it was pretty stupid cus the cop said we were revvin the engine hard and we weren't lol we actually were jus backin out of a parking spot when he pulled us over.

01-29-2006, 03:27 PM
I think you can not have your music to loud is because you are supposed to be able to hear a train and the noise the tracks make.

heavy_d
01-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Got pulled over by Tuscola County Sheriff in a 1992 s10 blazer with headers and it already had glasspacks to tone it down only a warning, have a 1984 Lincoln Town Car now with headers and straight pipes and I've been okay so far and pass by cops all the time

400exrules
01-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by banshee91
I think you can not have your music to loud is because you are supposed to be able to hear a train and the noise the tracks make.

well mainly an ambulance, fire truck, or cop car, so you dont cause a wreck if you dont hear them....plus its disturbance of the peace

user101
01-29-2006, 06:08 PM
I live in a small town(around 500 people) we know all the cops and all the cops know us. They dont care how loud your truck/car/system is as long as we don't go roaring through the middle of town at 1 o'clock in the morning.

stiffy
01-29-2006, 10:29 PM
When I was in High School I got pulled over for honking my horn. ( It's for emergency use only ) got a $40 ticket what a dirtbag:mad:

LTZ400rider
01-30-2006, 01:16 AM
i had no muffler on my truck and a cop pulled me over for something, not noise, but my truck was running and he asked me to turn it off so he can hear me talk lol.

i cant believe some1 gets tickets for noise in detroit, especially at a car event

heavy_d
01-30-2006, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
i had no muffler on my truck and a cop pulled me over for something, not noise, but my truck was running and he asked me to turn it off so he can hear me talk lol.

i cant believe some1 gets tickets for noise in detroit, especially at a car event

you would think at a once a year event like the woodward cruise in detroit they would give people a break who put their blood,sweat, and tears into their ride and have to *****foot it down the avenue

sickmojave
01-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by stiffy
When I was in High School I got pulled over for honking my horn. ( It's for emergency use only ) got a $40 ticket what a dirtbag:mad:

LMAO..Me and a buddy of mine was driving down the orange blossom trail in Orlando, blowing the horn and waving to all the hookers when a cop pulled us over and gave him a ticket.. he said the same thing "It's for emergency use only"..:devil:

bens250ex
01-30-2006, 05:32 PM
running straight exhaust on 6.9 diesel has got to be the loudest in the parkin lot at school .pass the cop twice a day and all they do is look and im usually gettin on it b/c u have to to make it move lol

muddy400EX
01-30-2006, 06:53 PM
im always scared of getting pulled over for my stereo:p

dont gotta worry about exhaust tho cuz my s10 is VERY quiet, which i dont like:grr:

ShiftFMX
01-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
running straight exhaust on 6.9 diesel has got to be the loudest in the parkin lot at school .pass the cop twice a day and all they do is look and im usually gettin on it b/c u have to to make it move lol

Id like to hear that...does it backfire?

Stevie-D
01-30-2006, 08:47 PM
hahaha...i've never gotten pulled over for my system or my exhaust (95 dakota w/ dual straight pipes) i drive that thing like a bat out of hell too. got pulled over for speeding last year..cop didnt say a thing to me...5%tint all around..illegal, straight pipes....illegal...lol. most of the cops around here are pretty cool about that.
http://myspace-199.vo.llnwd.net/00452/99/13/452433199_l.jpg

LTZ400rider
01-30-2006, 11:14 PM
i cant imagine being pulled over for a diesel, most of the bigger ones are loud as balls, but they have no choice.

i seen a sign on a highway near a residential area that said no jake braking.

id love to use that goin down the street at 2 am