PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Jet A Kfx400

NYKFXRIDER06
01-28-2006, 08:43 PM
I GOT A JET FROM WHITE BROTHERS WITH MY PIPE AND I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO JET IT AND WHERE IS THE JET I ONLY HAVE THE MAIN JET THANKS

NYKFXRIDER06
01-28-2006, 09:33 PM
I NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE MAIN JET IS AND WILL I HAVE TO TAKE OFF ANY PARTS LIKE THE PLASTICS OR THE CARB IT SELF

HondaRacer300ex
01-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Well, you could take the carbuerator out but it's not a neccessity. Go over to www.z400central.com and go the frequently asked questions section. There is a whole jetting tutorial there with pictures and directions.

fasssst400ex
02-03-2006, 05:43 PM
first it is easier if you take off the plastic that covers the gas tank. you have to remove all the boots of the carb.

Dragon_Slayer
02-04-2006, 09:42 PM
I ALLWAYS REMOVE THE SIDES OF THE BODY AND THE PEICE ON TOP OF THE TANK. UNBOLT THE TWO 10MM BOLTS AND LIFT OFF THE TANK, THEN LOOSEN BOTH THE CLAMPS AND TURN THE CARB ENOUGH TO GET THE FOUR BOLTS OUT OF THE BOTTOM OF THE CARB. THIS IS USUALLY A PAIN BECAUSE THE BOLTS STRIP REAL EASY. THEN INSTALL THE MAIN JET. THERE ARE ACTUALLY THREE JETS IN THIS CARB ONE OF WHICH YOU PROBLY WONT EVER CHANGE. IT WONT BE HARD TO TELL WHICH ONE IS THE MAIN. THEY ARE A DIFFERENT SIZE. THOUGH JUST TO MAKE SURE WHEN YOU TAKE OUT THE JET CHECK THE SIZE, THE ONE YOU WANT WILL BE THE BIGGEST.