PDA

View Full Version : What happend today

Honda TRX250ex
01-28-2006, 08:42 PM
I went riding today and its been a while sience i went. I went riding in a sand pit and hit a couple jumps and did some burms. But there was this hill that i wanted to climb but i coulden't get the courage too. I mean i climb like 70 foot hills before that are almost veritcal. but i wouldent climb this one that wasent that high.
I don't get what happend, it made me really mad about myself. Has this happend to any of you guys?
Any suggestions on what to do?

400EXtreme
01-28-2006, 08:49 PM
i use to be like that.. dirtbikin gave me more confidence now when im in doubt i just hit the throttle :)

Honda TRX250ex
01-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
i use to be like that.. dirtbikin gave me more confidence now when im in doubt i just hit the throttle :)
lol i dont have a dirtbike though...

Quad Boy 660r
01-28-2006, 09:00 PM
I think what he is trying to say is that you should just go for it. But it is a lot easier for us to tell you what to do than actually doing it.
Be careful.

Honda TRX250ex
01-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Quad Boy 660r
I think what he is trying to say is that you should just go for it. But it is a lot easier for us to tell you what to do than actually doing it.
Be careful.
There was a hill that was just as steep that was about 10 feet smaller than the one i woulden't climb and i climbed that one. but i hesitated at first. but i told my self that im gonna climb it and i did. but idk...

NacsMXer
01-28-2006, 09:14 PM
You're just rusty. Need to ride more to get back into your groove. Same thing happens to me when I don't ride MX for a while, like now, when I have to stay away at school. I get back to the track for the first time and I am very cautious and hesitant about big jumps and what not. By the end of the day i'm usually 10x better than when I started. The more you practice the more comfortable you become :)

Honda TRX250ex
01-28-2006, 09:18 PM
alright thanks guys. ill take your advice

Mxjunkie
01-28-2006, 09:22 PM
I use to be like that because I wrecked really bad on a double and the quad crushed me, but finally today I was riding so fast that I was shaking from addrenilen lol Got it back finaly after like 3-4 years!

I was 5th wfo down the strightaway on my xc part of my track then didnt even back off one bit in the sweeper and hit my kicker pinned, my brother rob goes, you got it back eh haha

TheFontMaster
01-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Yea your just rusty. On the first couple days out on my 250r, I did climb one hill that I would never climb on my 300ex, but for the most part I was taking it easy, and there were alot of other hills that I wouldn't climb that I would do all the time on the 300ex.

01-28-2006, 10:21 PM
yea i mean i know i can make it up this one hill at the pits i ride at my frien goes up it onhis lil kx 85 but maybe i just need some more riding time i gotta get used to it:ermm:

Scott-300ex
01-29-2006, 03:07 AM
1. Practice, there were hills I thought were steep like 3 years ago, now when I go up them I consider them a "break" where I can relax and just hang loose.

2. DO IT, If I'm ever scared of it, like when I was little I didn't like coming home by myself so I came home by myself as much as I could, and in your case and in mine, if there is a hill and its possible to make it up, under 90 degrees, I just do it!

So now I feel like I'm not afraid of anything, hills my friends just look at, they know I'll go up them, so I do. And for bein scared of anything else, like if I'm left out in the woods or something, I always got the Kershaw for protection.

Honda TRX250ex
01-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
1. Practice, there were hills I thought were steep like 3 years ago, now when I go up them I consider them a "break" where I can relax and just hang loose.

2. DO IT, If I'm ever scared of it, like when I was little I didn't like coming home by myself so I came home by myself as much as I could, and in your case and in mine, if there is a hill and its possible to make it up, under 90 degrees, I just do it!

So now I feel like I'm not afraid of anything, hills my friends just look at, they know I'll go up them, so I do. And for bein scared of anything else, like if I'm left out in the woods or something, I always got the Kershaw for protection.
alright thanks. ill keep going up the little hills and than just make myself go up that big one.

And for bein scared of anything else, like if I'm left out in the woods or something, I always got the Kershaw for protection.
lol im never scared when im in the woods. i live in them

450r51
01-29-2006, 09:00 AM
grow a pair:macho :devil:

SRH
01-29-2006, 10:02 AM
there is a point you eventually reach where you realize all the risks and it no longer bothers you because you just dont care

Out_Sider
01-29-2006, 10:56 AM
it happens to me all the time because around here... the doubles seem to get longer and longer! and i walk the track and i'm like :eek2: then after about 4-5 rolls.. i just hit the basterds.. then it's like Heh, that was easy. :devil:

ThorRacing37
01-29-2006, 02:52 PM
lol funny i was riden at a place called branrds in jezy dont know if u no where that is it in harmany new jersey and there is a 70foot high hill clim and i had a cr80 and my bro make me do it i was so scard but i did do it all you have to do is get alot of speed and be perpared to flip back..

Honda TRX250ex
01-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by ThorRacing37
lol funny i was riden at a place called branrds in jezy dont know if u no where that is it in harmany new jersey and there is a 70foot high hill clim and i had a cr80 and my bro make me do it i was so scard but i did do it all you have to do is get alot of speed and be perpared to flip back..
yeah i know where that is. i think what happend was that i havent riden all winter and i was afraid. ill just have to try it agian and hope for the best. Plus im on a new quad and its alot differnt than my 250ex

Scott-300ex
01-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Yeh man, like I said, if its doable just go for it.

Get speed, lean forward, but make sure you got traction, it takes practice where to put your body, but, you'll figure it out after a while. You might have to move your body on different spots of the hill, and for traction, if you spin, don't jump back or you'll flip.

If its not like 90 degrees or close, give it a try. Ask others that go up it for advice.

Where I ride, there are steep hills with roots, so those keep me on my toes!!!!!!!

Scott-300ex
02-15-2006, 03:35 PM
So man, you get the guts to do it?

Honda TRX250ex
02-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
So man, you get the guts to do it?
it snowed that weekend when we were gonna go so i didnt have a chance to go back :(
but im def. gonna do it this weekend if it dont snow lol

400EXtreme
02-15-2006, 04:07 PM
take some pictures :)

Honda TRX250ex
02-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
take some pictures :)
i will if i can get a carama.

yamablaster24
02-15-2006, 08:20 PM
I used to be like that on my blaster when not having power. There was a 200ft climb not vertical but almost 60-70 degrees and i knew my blaster couldnt do it no other quadwould do it but everyone wanted me to and i didnt do it and felt like crap. Most likely would not of made it and totaled the quad so sometimes your gut feeling is smartest. Nowadays ill hit anything that you can get enough speed to clear, heck i once tried driving my 400ex up a completely vertical hillgot to the top and it flipped back, i fell to the bottom and watched the 400 flip onto me but rolled out of way just in time, Morale of the story, learn how to get out of the way and always think of the worse case scenerio.

when it comes to jumps...like for instance 85 foot or so table at my local track, it had a off camber turn right before and roller in front of it. Only 4 or 5 450's were barely doing it and i was landing in the middle, 3rd lap of the race i decide hey whats another gear at the same throttle position, wide open, so i click into 4th and clear the thing and it was the best feeling ever, i was so pumped i was throwin my fists everywhich way and almost wrecked over next turn. Either way that took away my fear of flying and now i can judge jumps a lot better.

GET OUT THERE, HIT IT WIDE OPEN AND HOLD ON, AND LOSE YOUR FEAR, IF YOU HAVE TO BORROW A BIGGER QUAD TO MAKE SURE YOU GET UP IT!