PDA

View Full Version : 42 Pilot Jet Mod

LightningEX
01-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Hey all.This is my first post here and I happen to be looking for some info.(Go figure.lol)I was wondering if this (http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=Main&catId=&productId=p176030&leafCatId=&mmyId=) pilot jet would fit my 2002 400EX with the stock carb.If not where can I find one that will?Thanks.

2004exrider
01-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Im pretty sure that mikuni parts wont fit on a keihin carb.

EDIT: By the way you can get a 42 pilot at a local honda dealer, just tell them its for a keihin carb.

Jimmy

LightningEX
01-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Aw man.Im stupid.I forgot its a keihin carb on it.Thanks for the info.Ill be sure to pick one up within a couple days.Does anyone know of anything good to use for pluging where the choke comes out?I have had my choke out for awhile but never rejeted and I had tape covering the hole but it keeps coming off.Thanks again.

shortex
01-30-2006, 07:42 AM
A vaccum cap and hose clamp works really well to cover the choke lever hole, your local auto part store should have an assortment of caps.

CARLSON
01-30-2006, 12:00 PM
I PLUGED THE CHOKE HOLE WITH BRASS PLUG AND JB WELD.THE BRASS PLUG I USE IS THE SAME ONE THAT COMES IN THE AFTERMARKET PRIMER KIT FOR A JET SKI.IF YOU NEED ONE PM ME

2004exrider
01-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by shortex
A vaccum cap and hose clamp works really well to cover the choke lever hole, your local auto part store should have an assortment of caps.

Thats the way i would do it, id be afraid of using jb weld just because its gonna be vibrating like crazy . i wouldnt want a piece of that stuff going in my engine.

Jimmy