PDA

View Full Version : Having a serious problem with my 400, need some experienced advise.

own3d
01-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Ok, heres the scoop. i pulled my 400 out a few days ago to check the oil and clean her. So i started her up with half choke and was letting her run or a few min. after about 1 minute she just shut off, so i said wtf. i put her on no choke, and she started right up but after a minute she did the same thing. i tried it with full choke, and the same thing. she would start up and idle, but if i just touched the gas she would die. We cleaned the carb 4 times already, and changed the plug and jets. We deffinitly know she is not getting gas because when we pulled the new plug out, it was bone dry. The last time i riode it was about 2-3 weeks ago, and it was having no problems then. Now she wont even start. I'm running out of ideas on what is wrong her. It has never had a problem starting weither it be cold or warm out. What do you guys think?

ride_red666
01-28-2006, 06:32 PM
any mods??

own3d
01-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Yes, just a white brothers slip on.

2004exrider
01-28-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that there is a filter by or in the gas tank, its probably clogged. Try checking that out. Other than that im stumped.

Jimmy

Pappy
01-28-2006, 07:27 PM
put it on reserve, then pull the fuel line that runs from the tank to the carb, check and make sure you have fuel flow to the carb.

own3d
01-28-2006, 07:45 PM
ok, we got it running. its running fine now. My stepdad put some fresh gas in it, and he said he was playing with the killswitch and tried it one more time and shes running fine now. i still dont know why it wasnt running, but it is fine now.

82CSMiata
01-29-2006, 12:45 AM
one thing to check as just a possibility, check and make sure your vent hose is not stopped up, on a hunting bike a few years ago, I made my cousin run out of gas as a joke buy turning off the valve on the cap. He was experiencing the same problem until I got tired of laughing at him and told him what I did. Plus stipping every five minutes and watching him take his cap off to look in his tank was getting old.