PDA

View Full Version : help! engine rebuild done

dirtriderex
01-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Ok I just got my quad all togethar after getting a new piston, valves, and crank bearing. Now it started but when I give it gas it dies:ermm: My axle is not on so there is not chain going to the front sprocket but when the bike is in neutral it still spins. I didn't mess with the carb, but could it be the fuel/air screw? Aklso how should I break it in?

compedge
01-28-2006, 09:07 PM
If the atv is in neutral and theres no chain the sprocket will spin. If you hold the sprocket and it still spins theres something wrong with the trans. The bike may be stalling because of fuel air mixture or the pilot jet .

TM426
02-01-2006, 08:32 PM
The carb probably just needs to be adjusted a bit. As for break in it needs some time at the badlands.;) Give me a shout and Ill stop by to give you a hand :D

JIMTED79
02-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Let the bike get up to full running temp then ride it like you stole it for a good break in. I read that somewhere:D

dirtriderex
02-02-2006, 04:50 AM
It is so nerve racking splitting a case myself and replacing everything and trying to get it to run. I think I may clean the carb and try adjusting it. Thanks for the posts:)